Reposts

General SC Fan Discussions and Questions concerning the Southern Charms website.

Reposts

Postby henderson80 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:42 am

There is one charm that I really like and have for a long time.I am not going to name her because I have something negative to say about her site.Why does she feel the need to keep reposting previous sets.It gets really annoying after a while.
henderson80
SC Fan

Re: Reposts

Postby Beau Jingles » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:41 pm

Well it's against the rules to do that.
Beau Jingles
More Bang for Your Buck
Beau Jingles
Gent

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:05 am

I personally post sets that are "part 1," "part 2," etc... myself so maybe that is what whoever you may be referring to is doing, this can sometimes cause photo sets to look the same even if they aren't.

I usually do it to even out the number of photos I have in an update due to we can only post a maximum number in each set and if I didn't split mine then there would be a number of photos that would go to "waste" so to speak. I would normally try to spread these sets out; however, I've had to rely on them together here lately due to running low on variety and my busy schedule but that will be changing soon due to a great opportunity coming up to do some more shoots.

Anyways, this could explain what is going on. And thank you for being an SC fan!
;)
Playful Cougar SC4
Charm

Postby Beau Jingles » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:41 am

Several part updates are fine. But there has been charms in the past that recycle the same sets from several years ago. Or so. Once in a while it's accidental. But if someone consistently does it, there is a problem.
Beau Jingles
More Bang for Your Buck
Beau Jingles
Gent

Postby MonicaSwallows » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:53 pm

I'll do a compilation of photos that I really liked but didn't make it into sets once in a while but I couldn't imagine re-using full sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MonicaSwallows
SC Fan

Postby innesSC1 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:41 pm

Sometimes I accidentally upload the same set twice because I mix up the numbers and then I adjust it and ask SC to fix it. It generally only is wrong for a day or two.
I've also done what others have said.... done a lot of one set and it goes past the maximum so I split it into two sets. I don't want it to be two sets in a row so I spread it out.
We sometimes do "Best of" sets which happen occasionally :)

If it happens often then there is an issue yes. But mistakes do happen, charms aren't perfect, we do make errors once in a while :)
innesSC1
SC Fan

Return to The Lobby (General SC Fan Topics)