beware new scam

General SC Fan Discussions and Questions concerning the Southern Charms website.

beware new scam

Postby cdjames » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:54 pm

today is my birthday. im 31 now. when i got home today i get a phone call from microsoft tech support. they said i had malware on my pc. i gave them access to my pc. they even added themselfs to my skype. they said they could fix my pc for a fee. i told them i needed to talk to my dad about payment call back in a few days. they said ok and we hung up. i contacted a friend of mine. he said microsoft doesnt call you it sounds like a scam to me. sure enough he was right. i went to google and typed in microsoft scam. and there it was. people talking about it. microsoft's official website mentioned it as well. oh after they cleaned ur pc you would have to reinstall windows. if you all need more info let me know in this forum. im looking at for you all !!!! cdjames
cdjames
SC Fan

Re: beware new scam

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:50 am

Thank you for looking out for everyone ;)

That Microsoft scam is old, but still very active.
Don't ever EVER give control, remote control, of your pc to anyone ...........

When they call again, and they will, start talking to them about your pet monkey, or something. Say something totally off the wall. Ask them if they have nightmares? Ask them if their parents know they are jerking people on the phone.......trust me, THEY will hang up on you and the calls will slow down :d
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Postby billyf » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:55 am

yes heard of that . by no means let anyone who says they are a support person into your computer unless you contact them first .
billyf
SC Fan

Postby martinae » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:54 pm

When I got that call, I booted up my old do computer and started running windows 2.0 and had the guy walk through on there. After about 15 minutes of the guy getting increasingly frustrated he finally hung up on me. I love screwing with telemarketers
martinae
SC Fan

Postby innesSC1 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:16 pm

martinae wrote:When I got that call, I booted up my old do computer and started running windows 2.0 and had the guy walk through on there. After about 15 minutes of the guy getting increasingly frustrated he finally hung up on me. I love screwing with telemarketers

LMAO! That would have been awesome to hear.
innesSC1
SC Fan

Postby martinae » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:07 am

Ok, I'm not a huge fan of being mean to people but when you are trying to rob me, all bets are off. I feel bad fire some of the folks that have that job for legit companies but I tend to be some what fun with them. The obvious scams though, all bets are off... that and political calls, dint get me stayed on those.
martinae
SC Fan

Return to The Lobby (General SC Fan Topics)