The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

General SC Fan Discussions and Questions concerning the Southern Charms website.

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Postby RopePhotog » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:13 am

It's about 10:05 AM here on the North Coast and I'm getting ready to head to my mom's to help her start prepping for the Christmas Eve dinner tomorrow. Yes, I can cook and pretty well too! Some Italian traditions die hard but the fish on Christmas Eve is one that will live for a long time. I'm sure Italian Lace knows what I'm talking about. After tomorrow I'll smell like a fish store for a week, no matter how many showers I take. I know there probably won't be much going on here in the next few days but I did want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas. Please be safe if you are traveling, everyone is always in a rush. I hope that The Claus gives you everything you asked for. Take care everybody.

RP
RopePhotog
SC Fan

Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:17 pm

Merry Christmas to you sexy!
I hope you have a wonderful Holiday season!!
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Postby Alexus Lin SC1 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:55 pm

Very Happy and safe Holidays for you too. Hugs
My Site - http://www.southern-charms.com/alexuslin/photos.htm
My Videos - http://videos.southern-charms.com/frontend.php?sc_volume=1&model=alexuslin
Hugs & Kisses, Alexus Lin
Over 2346 Updates, Bonus Sets, Over 250 thousand Photos, Hundreds of Video Clips, 100+ Videos and more.
Alexus Lin SC1
SC Fan

Postby wendymeadowssc2 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:50 pm

Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful and safe holiday!

I was able to talk my Italian husband into giving up the fish on Christmas Eve tradition when he married into my Irish family. :)
wendymeadowssc2
Charm

Postby RopePhotog » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:24 am

Serena, Alexus, & Wendy,

Thank you so much for the Holiday wishes! I had a really good Christmas, hope it was the same for all of you too. Wendy, mom & I both agreed that this Christmas Eve was going to be the last for the fish. Jut too much and too much left over. Scaling it way down for next year and fish won't be included! Thanks again ladies, you are all very special.

RP
RopePhotog
SC Fan

Postby wendymeadowssc2 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:01 pm

I had to talk my husband out of the tradition years ago. Since both of his parents are passed he spends Christmas with an Irish-American family and we are very non traditional. We usually have taco salad on Christmas Day. This year we did homemade crab pizza...which is regional for us living in Maryland....on Christmas Eve and we went traditional with ham on Thanksgiving. We are a small family so no need for all the crazy leftovers. Hehe.
wendymeadowssc2
Charm

Postby RopePhotog » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:57 am

I remember having a conversation about with my sister about 20 years ago right around this time. This tradition came from Italy when my great grandparents & my grandfather came over. At the time, my grandfather was the only one left but he insisted on cooking all of this. My sister tried to pass off the cooking, once my grandfather had passed, to me. I told her it wasn't going to happen, it was all on her. I got the same reply so we agreed that once grandpa was gone, so was the tradition. My sister passed away in 2002 and grandpa in 2003, almost to the date as my sister. I had no other choice but to keep it going for the rest of the family. Well, like I said, both mom and I agreed this was it. I'm pretty sure the rest of the family will agree too. No more cooking on Christmas Eve starting at 4:30 AM! Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus! LOL

RP
RopePhotog
SC Fan

Return to The Lobby (General SC Fan Topics)