What do you look for in becoming a member of our sites

General SC Fan Discussions and Questions concerning the Southern Charms website.

Re: What do you look for in becoming a member of our sites

Postby Anna Moore » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:40 pm

You and me both Vanilla Cream, Long term members do have access to my phone number, ( not google #).
I should add that membership does have its privilege..... And yes, if the member is respectful, I may invite him ( or her ) over for a threesome onlylast night we treated a long term member to ' assist ' in a photoshoot. He also got to enjoy his first threesome too ;)))
Goddess Anna Moore
Twitter @AnnaMooreSC
Anna Moore
SC Fan

Postby texfanusa » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:02 am

Anna Moore wrote:What do you look for on a Charms site prior to making a decision to become a member ?

Amount of Updates ?
Age ?
Fetish content ?

What puts you off from becoming a member ?

I attempt to update 4-5 times a week, and try to change locations.

Anna

I've covered a few of these points in a couple of other postings on another thread, so forgive me if I repeat myself a wee bit here. :)

As for the number of updates, I look for predictability more so than a certain number. Some of us have been around for years and years and I like those that post on a somewhat regular basis, at the very least. Yes, I get it that vacations/travel/sickness/real life shake things up a bit and I've no problems with that. Priorities are priorities. But, when a model updates once, just to maintain an active listing status, then disappears for months at a time, why bother? Posting by the model becomes an afterthought and doesn't really care about her membership at that point, in my eyes. Either do it or don't, please.

Age is not something I consider, honestly. I've known a select few (Sandra, in particular) for many years. I have been a member of several but Sandra more than any other. I look at things like eyes, facial expressions, legs, asses, poses (does a model look "stiff" or "natural" when posing, for example?) and nyyyylon... lol If a model rarely wears stockings or pantyhose and/or sheer/soft forms of lingerie, I'm not likely to join. To me, it is simply another form of tease and allure (remember model Allure from years ago?) and some models would truly benefit from the nylon, as well. Members ARE supposed to be attracted, yes? Jessica from Germany is a perfect example of sensual allure... I can recall when her sets from younger days were very amateur and different (just as Sandra's were, in fact) but it's been a pleasure watching such models mature and embrace their sensuality.

Put offs? Here are a few huge turn-offs: Repeatedly posting old sets. No, it's not supposed to happen but the Russian sets are all over a decade old and the same sets are repeatedly reordered and reposted time and time again. Some models leave and return to repost decade-or-more-old sets (two Brits just returned to do this, in fact)...

Cell phone pics... I cannot stand grainy cell phone images that look worse than the worst digital cameras from 10 or 15 years ago. I have seen selfies on FB that look better than some of the cell phone sets models attempt to sell. I will never buy into cell phone pics... A camera of ANY quality and price range creates a better image than a cell phone of the highest quality, hands down.

Headless image sets... Ok, so some are into foot fetish (I love legs but feet are hard to understand for me... That's ok, for my nylon fetish is outdated these days also lol), so I get sets of feet or sets of tits or sets of ass... That's not what I'm pointing out, though. This is another of the Russian photographer's issues, the posting of the headless models (this IS happening in the paid membership side, as well, or god-awful crops that cut through eyes or noses or similar). I don't get it... And my money won't go to that, either. It's not just an identity-protection thing, either, for many of those models are 10 or 15 years older by now anyway and look nothing like their images in these sets. If I wished to just see leg images like those I saw tonight, for instance, I could just go to hosiery catalogue sites and be equally excited/bored. Without a face, it really doesn't matter how shapely one is, for I must see eyes (Jamie is a perfect example of tease/sultry/mischievous... Alaya used to be but now does cell images that may number in the hundreds but are almost all identical... Boring...).

Fishnet... Yes, I know, that sounds silly... lol But, fishnet looks cheap, feels rough, and just doesn't do anything for me. So if the only hosiery a model ever wears is fishnet, it's just not going to do much for me... Ever... Occasionally is fine, for some love fishnet, but for me, it's simply a turn-off unless combined or layered with real nylon.

Picky? Yes, I suppose so... I'm 51, going on 52, so I suppose I miss "the old days". There was more tease and more class. Sweats/socks/gym clothes I could see in real life every day if I wished. I won't pay to see that if that is the focus the majority of the time. I'm a weird mix of old-fashioned that believes in a woman dressing to attract men but modern in that I welcome imagination and open mindedness. I realize I sound "bitchy" tonight and not so openminded but I just had to toss in my two-cents worth. I perused through the pages tonight and couldn't help thinking, "What happened to the nights when I couldn't resist half the models' sets???" Now, I feel lucky to find more than one or two sets that excite me on most nights and the updating is so inconsistent that if it weren't for the Russian model repeat sets, there would be hardly any updates.

Simply food for thought... I certainly don't expect every model to have a knee-jerk reaction to member comments such as mine but I do miss those models that once knew how to excite and tease instead of simply doing Anatomy 101 after stripping out of baggy sweat pants or a sports bra. {resigned sigh} As Stephen King once wrote, "The world has moved on"... I believe it...

I hope that doesn't irritate anyone (again, my apologies for sounding like an ass but it needed to be said) and only hope that provides some food for thought. Thanks and have a great night.

Johnnie
texfanusa
SC Fan

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:49 pm

texfanusa wrote:
I've covered a few of these points in a couple of other postings on another thread, so forgive me if I repeat myself a wee bit here. :)

As for the number of updates, I look for predictability more so than a certain number. Some of us have been around for years and years and I like those that post on a somewhat regular basis, at the very least. Yes, I get it that vacations/travel/sickness/real life shake things up a bit and I've no problems with that. Priorities are priorities. But, when a model updates once, just to maintain an active listing status, then disappears for months at a time, why bother? Posting by the model becomes an afterthought and doesn't really care about her membership at that point, in my eyes. Either do it or don't, please.

Age is not something I consider, honestly. I've known a select few (Sandra, in particular) for many years. I have been a member of several but Sandra more than any other. I look at things like eyes, facial expressions, legs, asses, poses (does a model look "stiff" or "natural" when posing, for example?) and nyyyylon... lol If a model rarely wears stockings or pantyhose and/or sheer/soft forms of lingerie, I'm not likely to join. To me, it is simply another form of tease and allure (remember model Allure from years ago?) and some models would truly benefit from the nylon, as well. Members ARE supposed to be attracted, yes? Jessica from Germany is a perfect example of sensual allure... I can recall when her sets from younger days were very amateur and different (just as Sandra's were, in fact) but it's been a pleasure watching such models mature and embrace their sensuality.

Put offs? Here are a few huge turn-offs: Repeatedly posting old sets. No, it's not supposed to happen but the Russian sets are all over a decade old and the same sets are repeatedly reordered and reposted time and time again. Some models leave and return to repost decade-or-more-old sets (two Brits just returned to do this, in fact)...

Cell phone pics... I cannot stand grainy cell phone images that look worse than the worst digital cameras from 10 or 15 years ago. I have seen selfies on FB that look better than some of the cell phone sets models attempt to sell. I will never buy into cell phone pics... A camera of ANY quality and price range creates a better image than a cell phone of the highest quality, hands down.

Headless image sets... Ok, so some are into foot fetish (I love legs but feet are hard to understand for me... That's ok, for my nylon fetish is outdated these days also lol), so I get sets of feet or sets of tits or sets of ass... That's not what I'm pointing out, though. This is another of the Russian photographer's issues, the posting of the headless models (this IS happening in the paid membership side, as well, or god-awful crops that cut through eyes or noses or similar). I don't get it... And my money won't go to that, either. It's not just an identity-protection thing, either, for many of those models are 10 or 15 years older by now anyway and look nothing like their images in these sets. If I wished to just see leg images like those I saw tonight, for instance, I could just go to hosiery catalogue sites and be equally excited/bored. Without a face, it really doesn't matter how shapely one is, for I must see eyes (Jamie is a perfect example of tease/sultry/mischievous... Alaya used to be but now does cell images that may number in the hundreds but are almost all identical... Boring...).

Fishnet... Yes, I know, that sounds silly... lol But, fishnet looks cheap, feels rough, and just doesn't do anything for me. So if the only hosiery a model ever wears is fishnet, it's just not going to do much for me... Ever... Occasionally is fine, for some love fishnet, but for me, it's simply a turn-off unless combined or layered with real nylon.

Picky? Yes, I suppose so... I'm 51, going on 52, so I suppose I miss "the old days". There was more tease and more class. Sweats/socks/gym clothes I could see in real life every day if I wished. I won't pay to see that if that is the focus the majority of the time. I'm a weird mix of old-fashioned that believes in a woman dressing to attract men but modern in that I welcome imagination and open mindedness. I realize I sound "bitchy" tonight and not so openminded but I just had to toss in my two-cents worth. I perused through the pages tonight and couldn't help thinking, "What happened to the nights when I couldn't resist half the models' sets???" Now, I feel lucky to find more than one or two sets that excite me on most nights and the updating is so inconsistent that if it weren't for the Russian model repeat sets, there would be hardly any updates.

Simply food for thought... I certainly don't expect every model to have a knee-jerk reaction to member comments such as mine but I do miss those models that once knew how to excite and tease instead of simply doing Anatomy 101 after stripping out of baggy sweat pants or a sports bra. {resigned sigh} As Stephen King once wrote, "The world has moved on"... I believe it...

I hope that doesn't irritate anyone (again, my apologies for sounding like an ass but it needed to be said) and only hope that provides some food for thought. Thanks and have a great night.

Johnnie

Johnnie,

You don't sound like an ass. And honestly, I find your thoughts and points truly insightful. Thank you for taking the time to post. I know that I read your entire post with interest in hopes that I can improve my own site. Although I don't feel I am guilty of any of the negative items you mention, your post does serve as a checklist of sorts of things to not do, and I believe your post can benefit all charms.
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Postby Anna Moore » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:09 pm

I absolutely love the interaction this post has gotten from fans and charms! Thank you to everyone who has replied and commented.

May this holiday season be filled with adventure and love for each of you!

Kisses,
Anna
Goddess Anna Moore
Twitter @AnnaMooreSC
Anna Moore
SC Fan

Postby loke693 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:49 pm

One last comment that I'd like to post is that there is no specific formula that is going to get fans to become members. There is no set type of outfit, type of shoes, type of woman, etc. that is going to make all the guys jump and become a member of a site. For me, I think the most important thing about South Charms and should be at the forefront of every Charm that post pics on Southern Charms, is that they are having fun doing what they are doing. That they are not in it specifically for the money, but they enjoy doing whatever it is they do, post pictures of, etc. If its 100% business, it shows in your pics and that could be a reason why fans don't become members. If updates look like the Charm is having fun and enjoying themselves taking the pics (no matter the age, what they are wearing, etc.) I think that is one of the key elements that turn fans into members. Each of us fans and members have what we like and what we don't like, but for me, the Charm needs to be enjoying themselves so much so that if they don't have any members, they would do it, at least for a little while. I think those Charms that would do this if they weren't getting paid, are the ones probably with the most members (LOL)!!! There is a difference in someone doing something for money and someone doing it for the love of it!!!

I appreciate all the Charms, those doing it for the money and those doing it for the love of it. I appreciate every Charm, no matter age, race, shape, size, looks, taste, ethnicity, country or origin, I appreciate the Charms for sharing themselves with us and affording us, the fans and members the opportunity to see them (Charms) doing what I hope is fun and profitable (whether financially or socially). Thanks to all the Charms and hope you all have a wonderful December!!!

Loke
loke693
SC Fan

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:27 am

loke693 wrote:One last comment that I'd like to post is that there is no specific formula that is going to get fans to become members. There is no set type of outfit, type of shoes, type of woman, etc. that is going to make all the guys jump and become a member of a site. For me, I think the most important thing about South Charms and should be at the forefront of every Charm that post pics on Southern Charms, is that they are having fun doing what they are doing. That they are not in it specifically for the money, but they enjoy doing whatever it is they do, post pictures of, etc. If its 100% business, it shows in your pics and that could be a reason why fans don't become members. If updates look like the Charm is having fun and enjoying themselves taking the pics (no matter the age, what they are wearing, etc.) I think that is one of the key elements that turn fans into members. Each of us fans and members have what we like and what we don't like, but for me, the Charm needs to be enjoying themselves so much so that if they don't have any members, they would do it, at least for a little while. I think those Charms that would do this if they weren't getting paid, are the ones probably with the most members (LOL)!!! There is a difference in someone doing something for money and someone doing it for the love of it!!!

I appreciate all the Charms, those doing it for the money and those doing it for the love of it. I appreciate every Charm, no matter age, race, shape, size, looks, taste, ethnicity, country or origin, I appreciate the Charms for sharing themselves with us and affording us, the fans and members the opportunity to see them (Charms) doing what I hope is fun and profitable (whether financially or socially). Thanks to all the Charms and hope you all have a wonderful December!!!

Loke

Hi Sweet Loke,

All good points! But I do want to mention something that maybe guys don't think about when it comes to the whole doing it for the "money" aspect of this.

I definitely can NOT speak for every charm, however this is from my heart and is an insight into a more personal part of me.

For me, showing my secret side, my naughty bits, and sharing my XXX stuff is like putting myself out there. There's no place to hide. So it's really affects my self confidence. For instance, if I come across bad comments about "Sultry Serena" then it used to affect my self confidence. I say used to, because I've been doing this for so long, that I think I'm immune to asshole remarks now :d
(My mom used to say, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all")

BUT, even with that said, when a charm posts her photos and videos and shows her most intimate body parts, and shares moments of herself doing very intimate things, one of the ways she maintains her self confidence and her feeling of sexiness - the ultimate feeling of being a woman desired by men, is by the members and fans. Her email, this forum and yes by the very fact that some guy finds her sexy enough, erotic enough to purchase a membership, or purchase her video. THAT IS BY FAR the biggest compliment that I think charms can receive.

Emails are amazing, as are the posts on this forum from all you wonderful guys! For me, your words make me fill me with excitement, and definitely a very pleasureable horniness that encourages me, and results in me truly ENJOYing what I'm doing. No guilt or self doubt.

But a membership? That's the ultimate form of flattery and the biggest confidence boost of all. Not only does the $ help offset the costs of camera equipment, lights, outfits, shoes, etc. But the most important thing is it lets us know that you guys really and truly do find us attractive and that we are not embarrassing ourselves here on the web.

A week ago, a guy sent me $100 tip. OMG I fell over when I saw that! I can't even explain how that made me feel. He's never written me, and I haven't seen his email address here on the forum. I have no way to thank him for making me feel so sexy! Because yes, that's how it made me feel. I'm telling you I'm still on cloud9 over that compliment! Because of you fans and members, when I look in the mirror, I don't see a plump old lady grandma. I see a woman who can turn men's heads and make them unzip. I feel beautiful, sexy and confident.

And I thank all of you for that!
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Postby Italian Lace SC4 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:11 pm

SultrySerenaSC2 wrote:Hi Sweet Loke,

All good points! But I do want to mention something that maybe guys don't think about when it comes to the whole doing it for the "money" aspect of this.

I definitely can NOT speak for every charm, however this is from my heart and is an insight into a more personal part of me.

For me, showing my secret side, my naughty bits, and sharing my XXX stuff is like putting myself out there. There's no place to hide. So it's really affects my self confidence. For instance, if I come across bad comments about "Sultry Serena" then it used to affect my self confidence. I say used to, because I've been doing this for so long, that I think I'm immune to asshole remarks now :d
(My mom used to say, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all")

BUT, even with that said, when a charm posts her photos and videos and shows her most intimate body parts, and shares moments of herself doing very intimate things, one of the ways she maintains her self confidence and her feeling of sexiness - the ultimate feeling of being a woman desired by men, is by the members and fans. Her email, this forum and yes by the very fact that some guy finds her sexy enough, erotic enough to purchase a membership, or purchase her video. THAT IS BY FAR the biggest compliment that I think charms can receive.

Emails are amazing, as are the posts on this forum from all you wonderful guys! For me, your words make me fill me with excitement, and definitely a very pleasureable horniness that encourages me, and results in me truly ENJOYing what I'm doing. No guilt or self doubt.

But a membership? That's the ultimate form of flattery and the biggest confidence boost of all. Not only does the $ help offset the costs of camera equipment, lights, outfits, shoes, etc. But the most important thing is it lets us know that you guys really and truly do find us attractive and that we are not embarrassing ourselves here on the web.

A week ago, a guy sent me $100 tip. OMG I fell over when I saw that! I can't even explain how that made me feel. He's never written me, and I haven't seen his email address here on the forum. I have no way to thank him for making me feel so sexy! Because yes, that's how it made me feel. I'm telling you I'm still on cloud9 over that compliment! Because of you fans and members, when I look in the mirror, I don't see a plump old lady grandma. I see a woman who can turn men's heads and make them unzip. I feel beautiful, sexy and confident.

And I thank all of you for that!

I would like to second that! And also add, this isn't a high-paying job. For the amount of work it takes and the risks involved, and the amount of confidence it takes in sharing something so private, it REALLY has to be something a Charm enjoys doing to choose this. There are so many other easier, less risky and less invasive jobs out there. I can't imagine that any Charm would go down this road if she didn't enjoy the thrill of it! I know I do! But it does take a lot of work and money in equipment, props, clothing, shooting locations, etc. to build a really good site, so as fun as being a Charm is, it is really only sustainable if the Charm is making money, too... so be sure to support your favorite Charms if you want to see them be the best models they can be!
★ 3150+ Naughty Photo Sets ★ 850+ Steamy Videos ★
Italian Lace SC4
Charm

Postby texfanusa » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:37 pm

I agree with these points, as well. I'm glad that not everyone thought I was being an ass for sharing my earlier thoughts, as well. I imagine that there are different motivations for every Charm on the site. The one's motivated purely by money are obvious, of course. I won't delve into that, for it seems obvious to me. For others, it is a form of expression, for some perhaps a form of foreplay even (that is how I would look at it if I were shooting a wife or girlfriend, for example). Many different reasons... Just as members often have many different qualities that they find appealing. I love legs and asses, love nylon/hosiery/sheer lingerie/form-fitting attire that compliments a figure, seduction, eyes/smiles/wicked facial expressions... Many things. Swinging, even... I cannot claim that I like only "blondes" or skinny/curvy or a certain age... I've dated many types in real life and I suppose I tend to focus on their best qualities that attracted my eye in the first place, as well as how they think. The brain is half of it for me... I don't care how gorgeous a woman is, if she is a cruel b***** (unless playing... but I am just going to leave it at that lol) or just can't connect with me intellectually, then she might as well be a blow-up doll. A woman that enjoys the thrill of sharing herself in this way, though, has always aroused me. I recall a now-inactive Charm (Sassy) that I enjoyed a great deal simply because of how she and her husband thought and because it was exciting for the two of them. Perhaps they will post again someday, though, I've a feeling life moved on to a certain degree. Singles and couples (even some that have groups involved) that are excited by sharing their adventures or sexuality are the ones I find most appealing, if I also have the physical attraction, of course. It's hard to nail down a "perfect type" or characteristic, though. But thanks to those that continue to share regularly... I haven't said that sufficiently over the years. :)
texfanusa
SC Fan

Postby wendymeadowssc2 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:43 pm

Texfanusa, we definitely would not think you are an ass for sharing your earlier thoughts. Those thoughts are what help us as charms grow and learn what our members want.

Also, I will say for me photo shoots are totally foreplay. My husband and I get hotel room for the night and shoot and mess around all night long doing things we don't dare do at home. It is so much fun and kind of our naughty get aways. Sharing the photos with my fans and members makes it even more fun.
wendymeadowssc2
Charm

Postby texfanusa » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:23 pm

Thanks! I was hoping that wasn't the way I came across... It sounds as if you and your husband understand my reasoning perfectly, as well. With my traveling about the country, I am in motels any time I am laid over in one place more than a day but I've certainly never complained any time I've heard a couple enjoying themselves in the next room... :P
texfanusa
SC Fan

Postby rubioblack » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:04 pm

Short answer? Titillation.
I have been a long time fan of the site for about an years now. I love seeing the transition of the models as they discover themselves.
rubioblack
SC Fan

Postby rjess » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:37 pm

Variety. I like seeing new ideas. I get tired of the same rooms. The same topics. I like seeing the real woman. To much Photoshop to hide flaws I move on to some other charm. I like seeing new updates atleast 2 times a week. I pay for a membership and some times there is no update that month.
rjess
SC Fan

Postby violettaSC4 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:28 pm

Autumn SC1 wrote:I can't believe people actually do that.... Never would try to do something like that.... unless it was an accident.

I did that ONCE! Once completely accidentally and got hate mail from one member :-)
he apologized the next day so all good.
violettaSC4
Charm

Postby CrumblingPerv » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:21 pm

violettaSC4 wrote:
Autumn SC1 wrote:I can't believe people actually do that.... Never would try to do something like that.... unless it was an accident.

I did that ONCE! Once completely accidentally and got hate mail from one member :-)
he apologized the next day so all good.

Probably blueball induced temporary rage ;)
CrumblingPerv
SC Fan

Postby heellover » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:36 pm

For myself knowing whats in the updates. The text with the update is always a must. I know everyone has some sample photos. I want to be teased with text too. I just like reading what is happening in the set. I join a website when the model has shown she loves what she does. If she don't have a few minuets to type whats going on in the set I feel like she isn't into it. The amount of updates. I join about 300+ updates. I learned some never stay and stop updating. I like to stay with a charm through many years. I like getting to know her. I also like seeing a variety of heels and feet photos. I love heels so sexy. They lift the booty and the breast. Its so sexy. I don't get turned on by one body type or age. I have came across a variety here. That is what I love about Southern-Charms.
heellover
SC Fan

Postby snowfan » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:06 pm

What do you look for on a Charms site prior to making a decision to become a member ? Got to have an interesting preview pic to get noticed; I would change that often so you pick up guys who never visited before cuz the pic didnt appeal; after I visit its body type; finally its picture quality

Amount of Updates ? weekly updates are almost a must; 2-3 times a week preferred; videos are becoming much more enjoyable
Age ? 40 plus
Fetish content ? is being real a fetish? all natural; some sag to the breasts; bit of a tummy

What puts you off from becoming a member ? fake; pushy; just be yourself and see what happens
snowfan
SC Fan

Postby sinfullysxyoneSC2 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:05 am

We have been in such small places in the last 10 years that it is hard to change background and come up with something new. The one thing that helps in our new place is the huge private backyard we have. So now we can do outdoor sets as long as our kids are not home. Middle of Winter so it is super cold right now, but we are getting some outside now and hopefully as it gets warmer we will be able to do more outside. But even then it can be same background, but we do our best. My husband does all my pics and he is very good at getting unique shots, like my Monday set that he captured my through the tree limbs with the snow on them.

I am open to any and all ideas from my fans, members, future members, and any charms.

Sinfully Sxy One
sinfullysxyoneSC2
Charm

Postby snowfan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:22 am

I realize space can be an issue when picking a background. Even with limited space you can focus on a different wall, maybe the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom. To me the biggest thing would be mixing up the theme. For example, maybe doing an office dress set, then more casual jeans, then lingerie or workout clothes. Variety in the outfits more than makes up for the background.
snowfan
SC Fan

Postby Anna Moore » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:01 pm

Snowfan
We realized this is an issue and spent a weekend away at a cabin, 35 sets shot and 7 videos, we were both tired lol.
We try and mix it up, we shoot in hotels, at a friends house etc. As for outfits, our sets are all different like many charms. It's fun keeping it different though ;))

Anna
Goddess Anna Moore
Twitter @AnnaMooreSC
Anna Moore
SC Fan

Postby Christo » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:37 pm

There are a few things that make it more likely that I'd become a member, outside of how attractive I think the Charm is. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and there have been ladies here who I found diabolically sexy that other guys might not be interested in. Different strokes for different folks and all that. But there are a few qualities that make it more likely that I'd join a Charm's site:

Number of Updates: This is an obvious one, but it stands to reason that joining a Charm with 100 (or 1000) updates is a more attractive proposition than one with 10. That does set up something of a Catch-22 for new Charms--when you start out you don't have many sets, so it's less likely that people will join, which may make the Charm think twice about investing time in posting more updates. When a new Charm debuts who I think it absolutely gorgeous, I always send her an email telling her so. I make sure she knows that she has fans out there, that her photos are great, and that her fans appreciate the fact that she's sharing her great beauty with us. I might not join right away, but I want her to know that she's not posting her photos into the void.

Fill out your bio:
I don't understand Charms who don't fill out their bios and FAQs! This is a great opportunity to tell us about yourself, show some of your personality, and get your fans to connect with you on a more personal level. You don't have to tell us every last detail of your life, but helping us fill in the blanks about the woman we're all slavering over makes you even more alluring!

And here's the other thing--you can MAKE IT ALL UP! Do you want to project the air of a femme fatale maneater when in fact you're a bit of an introvert? Go for it! Have fun with the information you share with your fans, even if (especially if) it's pure fiction.

Photography: When I look at photos of Charms past, it's AMAZING how far digital photography has advanced. Fifteen years ago photos were often grainy and videos were short and of dubious quality. Today just about every smartphone has a better camera than expensive DSLR's were back in 2004. So I do appreciate Charms who's photos are of higher quality. Not just the quality of the image, but the quality of the composition, lighting, background, etc. There are some good intro to photography books that could improve the quality of some Charms' sites just by letting them know how to take advantage of the cameras they're already using and today's software (much of it either inexpensive or free). You don't need to spend an hour in Photoshop on every pic, but a little tweaking can go a long way.

Post a Great Profile Image:
Speaking of photography, maybe the MOST important decision a Charm makes is what photo she chooses for her thumbmail profile pic that appears in all the listings. This is the only way that the vast majority of people are going to find out what you look like. So make sure it's a GREAT PHOTO! One that makes a potential fan stop and say, "Whoa, who is that GODDESS walking among we mere mortals? I must bow down and worship her."

The profile pic should show you in your best possible light. If you're a BBW you may want a full body shot showing off your curves. If you're a blonde bombshell, wear a bikini and a coy expression. If you have a strikingly pretty face, it's time for a close-up! And if you cater to a particular fetish, post a photo that lets aficionados of that particular kink that they simply HAVE to check out your site.

I can't tell you how many Charms I've ignored, sometimes for years, because their profile pic was a wide shot of their back (why, why?) or a terribly unflattering head shot. And then they change their pic or I check them out for some reason and I'm like, "Whoa, she's gorgeous!" That shouldn't happen, ever. Put up a profile pic that you love, and shows your beauty in it's best possible light.

Smile: This one is more problematic for me. I like to think that every Charm is doing this purely because she wants to show off her beauty and likes to flirt and bask in the attention of the thousands of men out there who are her devoted fans. But I'm sure there are some who pose to make money, and I think its selfish for me (or any fan) to come with an attitude like, "Why don't you smile more?" No one asks me to smile at my job, so it seems patronizing to ask that of others. Especially when they're taking their clothes off. But I feel more comfortable enjoying photos from Charms who seem to be enjoying themselves as well.

OK, reading this over now it seems a little preachy. But I've been an SC fan for 20 years now (yikes) and I've been a member of, like, LOTS of Charms. Plus I work in marketing so stuff like this is how I earn my weekly envelope. I know a little of which I speak. And I certainly want every Charm to have the best chance to appeal to the maximum number of fans and members.
Christo
SC Fan

PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby (General SC Fan Topics)