How do you do Valentine's Day?

General SC Fan Discussions and Questions concerning the Southern Charms website.

How do you do Valentine's Day?

Postby wendymeadowssc2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:40 pm

So how do you do Valentine's Day? Do you go out? Do you buy your significant other expensive gifts? I am curious.

For me. Mr. Meadows and I have been together for a long time and we stopped celebrating when we had a baby. Mr. Meadows does random flowers throughout the year and candy. I never know when he is going to bring something home. He also brings me coffee from my favorite coffee place every morning after he drops our son off from school. So for years Valentine's Day has just been another day kind of? We get a gift and box of candy for our son and take him out to dinner as a family.

So I am curious how everyone else celebrates.
wendymeadowssc2
Charm

Re: How do you do Valentine's Day?

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:43 pm

I've always felt that Valentine's Day is ridiculous. I let my husband know 40 years ago that I didn't want anything special that day. Instead of celebrating one day a year, we celebrate each day together.
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Postby wendymeadowssc2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:53 pm

Earlier this week, we went to Wal-Mart. PIcked out cards and gave them to each other in the store and then put them up after we read them. Watching other people see us reach the cards to each other was hilarious. They didn't know what to think. That was the highlight of my Valentine's Day celebrations
wendymeadowssc2
Charm

Postby sugarbabeSC3 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:19 am

We give cards to each other, but we also try to make Valentine's day a daily event not just a one off day.
sugarbabeSC3
Charm

Postby DDDVIOAUS » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:41 am

SultrySerenaSC2 wrote:I've always felt that Valentine's Day is ridiculous. I let my husband know 40 years ago that I didn't want anything special that day. Instead of celebrating one day a year, we celebrate each day together.

I have to agree with Ms. Sultry. the day is supposed to be about "love", but "love" isn't about one day, isn't about buying "things" to show someone how you feel. Over the tears I have bought hundreds of flowers, boxes of candy, enough jewelry to out do Mr. T. Only once did I ever buy anything for the one I loved for the manufactured day, and I was scolded for it. Most times, I bought those items just because, or the day was really special, birthday, some sort of anniversary, she had a bad day, or a really good day. I will admit being a writer, I would pen some poetry for this day, but was never about the day. Women and men deserve to be shown daily how you feel, not save it all up for one day....
DDDVIOAUS
SC Fan

Return to The Lobby (General SC Fan Topics)