Video Updates

General SC Fan Discussions and Questions concerning the Southern Charms website.

Video Updates

Postby Ashlyn Murphy » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:14 am

What does everyone think of video updates? I used to do them, stopped, but I have been trying to do more of them lately. I know the video quality isn't as good as purchased videos because of file size restrictions, but is this something everyone enjoys? Looking for feedback on whether to continue this. From what some members are telling me, they like the videos. Thoughts?
Ashlyn Murphy
Charm

Re: Video Updates

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:46 pm

I know you're probably looking for feedback from the guys, but...…..I just wanted to say that I've been doing video updates for years. I like being able to share my videos, all of my videos, with my members. So I compress my high def videos into wmv clips and put five clips in the teaser side and ten clips in the club side. If I have a longer video, to maintain some quality, I will extend the club wmv's to another update and add it to the photos for that update. I've never had any complaints :-)
I do let the guys know that the videos are compressed wmv clips as we have to conform to the update regulations concerning the wmv file size and that the high def videos are on my video page. But I don't delete or omit anything from any of my videos when I post them on my club side. I think offering photos and videos as updates is a good variety.
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Postby CrumblingPerv » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:21 pm

SultrySerenaSC2 wrote: So I compress my high def videos into wmv clips and put five clips in the teaser side and ten clips in the club side. If I have a longer video, to maintain some quality, I will extend the club wmv's to another update and add it to the photos for that update. I've never had any complaints :-)

This is a good idea. And dropping a little vid here and there is always a nice treat. To be honest it is good to hear what a charm sounds like ... the more senses that get stimulated the better as far as I am concerned. :-)
CrumblingPerv
SC Fan

Postby DDDVIOAUS » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:08 am

Dropping a small video here and there is a good thing....really aren't any downsides. I agree that it is nice to hear the voice of a charm...… Maybe used the small clips as enticement for guys and gals to join your site. Give a small 5-7 second verbal preview of what is in the latest shoot, or newest video.
DDDVIOAUS
SC Fan

Postby ticklememelli » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:33 pm

I am fairly new. Please tell me more about this? I have videos for sale but if there is a way to put a few clips up for fans, I would love to know how.
Hugz n Kisses
Melli
http://www.ticklememelli.com
ticklememelli@gmail.com
Tweet @ticklememellisc3
ticklememelli
SC Fan

Postby Ms Frolicker » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:44 pm

Videos that are part of your update have to be in the .WMV format and have to be 5 MB or less. I think as long as the first number is a 5 they will let you slide, so you can get up close to 6 MB. The limit is 5 videos on the free side, 10 videos on the pay side and YOU MUST INCLUDE AT LEAST THREE STILL pics on the free side so they can make an entry on the preview page. I've goofed that up before and ended up not getting an update in, LOL.

Content rules for the free videos are the same as still images.
Ms Frolicker
Charm

Postby ticklememelli » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:03 pm

Ms Frolicker wrote:Videos that are part of your update have to be in the .WMV format and have to be 5 MB or less. I think as long as the first number is a 5 they will let you slide, so you can get up close to 6 MB. The limit is 5 videos on the free side, 10 videos on the pay side and YOU MUST INCLUDE AT LEAST THREE STILL pics on the free side so they can make an entry on the preview page. I've goofed that up before and ended up not getting an update in, LOL.

Content rules for the free videos are the same as still images.

Thank you!
Hugz n Kisses
Melli
http://www.ticklememelli.com
ticklememelli@gmail.com
Tweet @ticklememellisc3
ticklememelli
SC Fan

Postby cougarjulesSC4 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:17 am

I’m learning new stuff here all the time!
cougarjulesSC4
Charm

Postby GemmaG » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:09 am

I try to do one Video clip Update every Week. I noticed more guys are signing up & staying.
VIsit my site at GemmaCharms.com
follow me on social media @PrincessMilf
GemmaG
Charm

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:37 am

If any charm wants to convert some of their videos to wmv clips for an update, I'd be happy to help and explain what you need to do. If you plan to do it often, I'd also suggest using the "Button" feature under your main logo to keep a list of the videos you've posted as updates. Makes it easier for the guys to browse your site.
Here's what I mean:
https://www.southern-charms2.com/sultryserena/wmvs.htm
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Postby Ashlyn Murphy » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:49 am

Thanks for the feedback everyone! It does seem that videos add some realness to people. :)

SultrySerenaSC2 wrote:If any charm wants to convert some of their videos to wmv clips for an update, I'd be happy to help and explain what you need to do. If you plan to do it often, I'd also suggest using the "Button" feature under your main logo to keep a list of the videos you've posted as updates. Makes it easier for the guys to browse your site.
Here's what I mean:

Serena - I like the WMV button you have, is it just a list? I am just not sure how you manage it. Do you change it with each video update? And how is it submitted? Sorry, I know it might be hard to explain. Just trying to make the most out of new ideas. Also, I used to put about the video quality but I haven't been taking the time to do that. I will have to type something up in word so I can just copy and paste with each update if we are able to do that. Thanks!
Ashlyn Murphy
Charm

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:23 am

Ashlyn Murphy wrote:Thanks for the feedback everyone! It does seem that videos add some realness to people. :)

SultrySerenaSC2 wrote:If any charm wants to convert some of their videos to wmv clips for an update, I'd be happy to help and explain what you need to do. If you plan to do it often, I'd also suggest using the "Button" feature under your main logo to keep a list of the videos you've posted as updates. Makes it easier for the guys to browse your site.
Here's what I mean:

Serena - I like the WMV button you have, is it just a list? I am just not sure how you manage it. Do you change it with each video update? And how is it submitted? Sorry, I know it might be hard to explain. Just trying to make the most out of new ideas. Also, I used to put about the video quality but I haven't been taking the time to do that. I will have to type something up in word so I can just copy and paste with each update if we are able to do that. Thanks!

I made a graphic, just a solid color black to match my site background. Then I use the video thumb pics from my videos, shrink them and past them onto the black graphic. Using Adobe photoshop, I can then type the title and update number at the bottom of the newly pasted thumb pic.
I only update it once a month, usually towards the end of the month.
To get it on my page, I email the graphic to text. With the instructions to please link it to my join button :d

During the month, I update the graphic copy on my computer each time I add new video updates, and then just submit it at the end of the month.

I mention about the wmv quality in my updates because we're limited to under 5mb for size. And to under 15 for quantity. When you take a high def video and compress it to that small, it tends to make it a little blurry. I don't want the guys to think my high def videos on my video page are blurry........eeks! SO I make sure to mention that my wmv clips are compressed and that we are restricted to size limits when posting them.
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Postby vanillacreamSC1 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:39 pm

Any suggestions on the thumbnails? I usually just to a picture from the video but I'm seeing other charms putting gif type of pics... how do I do that? ;;)
vanillacreamSC1
Charm

Postby Ashlyn Murphy » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:27 pm

Thanks Serena! I took a look at yours again and I think I got it a little figured out. :)
Ashlyn Murphy
Charm

Postby tiffanypearl » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:42 am

I made 25 sec clips, great quality in MP4 (5MB) but quality wmv is so bad ... would be great if one could also upload MP4 clips
tiffanypearl
Charm

Postby smokerfucker » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:35 am

As a guy, I love the small clips with the sets. It makes the set feel more active.
I also like to hear what you like. Why you like being on SC or what you are thinking while posing.
smokerfucker
SC Fan

Postby sinfullysxyoneSC2 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:06 am

Never had any issues with my vid updates. I use Wondershare Filmora and it does a fine job of getting the size right

Sinfully Sxy one
sinfullysxyoneSC2
Charm

Return to The Lobby (General SC Fan Topics)