Etiquette when a Charm Leaves

General SC Fan Discussions and Questions concerning the Southern Charms website.

Etiquette when a Charm Leaves

Postby n2kstuff5 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:34 am

I have been patronizing Southern Charms since 1999. I have seen a lot of charms come and go. I noticed a number of longtime charm's pages have abruptly disappeared. The more recent examples come to mind are Fantasia,Lola and Abbie. All of these charms were around for 20 years or so. I don't think there was any advance notification that this was happening. I understand a page can come down anytime the charms decides she is done and life circumstances can change in an instant, but give the length of time in the platform should there be a so called "farewell tour" or "going out of business sale"? It would have been nice subscribe one last time or buy a video or two. I am curious about what the people think.
n2kstuff5
SC Fan

Re: Etiquette when a Charm Leaves

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:26 pm

n2kstuff5 wrote:I have been patronizing Southern Charms since 1999. I have seen a lot of charms come and go. I noticed a number of longtime charm's pages have abruptly disappeared. The more recent examples come to mind are Fantasia,Lola and Abbie. All of these charms were around for 20 years or so. I don't think there was any advance notification that this was happening. I understand a page can come down anytime the charms decides she is done and life circumstances can change in an instant, but give the length of time in the platform should there be a so called "farewell tour" or "going out of business sale"? It would have been nice subscribe one last time or buy a video or two. I am curious about what the people think.

Although that sounds like a great idea and something that should be easy to implement.........
in our imperfect world it's simply not do-able.

Reasons being:
1) Charms die. Once that happens their site is removed without warning as a deceased person cannot accept "legal tender". So there's no way to pay them. To avoid lawsuits and honestly to be ethical, a deceased charms page is removed.

2) Since the content belongs to the owner: ie the charm/her photographer and is only licensed exclusively to Southern Charms for use on their web site, (for an indeterminate amount of time) when the owner of the content requests that the content be removed and no longer displayed, SC complies. So there's no room for "advance notice" or "going out of business" type sales.

3) Requesting that a charm give this advance notice or going out of business lets say 30 days before she wants to remove her site would be impossible to enforce, as stated previously, the charm or her photographer owns the content.

4) My thoughts: Nothing lasts forever. Charms come and go. Grab the bull by the horns..........and click that join button while you can ;)
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:09 pm

PS: Hats off to all the old timers...........fans AND charms!! I think that's who makes the SC site such a success. Browsers and new charms, come and go.........
but longtime fans and models are the backbone.

Thank you for supporting the site since 1999!! :X
You've got me beat. I've only been around since 2004.
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Postby mrsleatherSC3 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:47 am

Although that sounds like a great idea and something that should be easy to implement.........
in our imperfect world it's simply not do-able.

Reasons being:
1) Charms die. Once that happens their site is removed without warning as a deceased person cannot accept "legal tender". So there's no way to pay them. To avoid lawsuits and honestly to be ethical, a deceased charms page is removed.

2) Since the content belongs to the owner: ie the charm/her photographer and is only licensed exclusively to Southern Charms for use on their web site, (for an indeterminate amount of time) when the owner of the content requests that the content be removed and no longer displayed, SC complies. So there's no room for "advance notice" or "going out of business" type sales.

3) Requesting that a charm give this advance notice or going out of business lets say 30 days before she wants to remove her site would be impossible to enforce, as stated previously, the charm or her photographer owns the content.

4) My thoughts: Nothing lasts forever. Charms come and go. Grab the bull by the horns..........and click that join button while you can ;)[/quote]

Spot on Sultry I agree totally. Especially your last point - grabbing the bull...
If there is a model you like then buy a membership today! Just as in life, none of us knows how long we've got so you have to seize the day!
x
Enjoy Some Leather Love

mrsleatherSC3
Charm

Postby tokenone » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:42 pm

The industry is all very transactional/business/supply-demand...however you want to skin it. There is no expectation of etiquette, so to speak. Some charms are very much into "customer service." Some are not. When the consumer is done, they stop paying for the subscription. When the charm is done, they stop supplying their content. With that said, I have seen a few charms let their fans know of their retirement: Poppy did years ago. Champagne did, when she retired the first time, years ago. Be on the lookout if they come back!
tokenone
SC Fan

Return to The Lobby (General SC Fan Topics)