David Bowie & Your Legends!

Let's talk about something - News, Sex, The Weather, Sex, Movies, Sex? You decide. Post it here.

David Bowie & Your Legends!

Postby RavenCharm » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:48 am

For todays topic, I wanted to tell you of my husbands love for David Bowie.
Each and every day he listens to Bowie and recounts of how much he loves him.
How his career was phenomenal and how he stills comes across new works almost every week as his work was so massive in scale.
So I was wondering if you had partners or yourself who were so devoted to an artist etc.
Just a thought
R
RavenCharm
Charm

Re: David Bowie & Your Legends!

Postby DDDVIOAUS » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:37 am

I dated a woman, who was a Michael Jackson fanatic. Named her cats, Michael, and Billie Jean. Knew the lyrics to everyone of his songs, and even the most minute trivia facts about him. Decorated her tree with small figures of himself, ornaments with his face, what ever she could find. She even had two small jukeboxes, that played his songs.
My best friend growing up became a Jim Morrison and the Doors fan. Has everything of their's even dresses like Morrison most Halloween's and of course visited the Paris cemetery where he is buried I think close to seven times. Yet has never visited other famous graves there.(Edith Piaf , Oscar Wilde). Also remarks constantly how Morrison still influences today's artistsm and our culture.
DDDVIOAUS
SC Fan

Postby RavenCharm » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:39 pm

Well he isn't like that, just listens a lot to him and finds Bowie references in a lot of things.
In places where you wouldn't think, or when his music is on the TV in adverts etc and I would never know it was Bowie.
RavenCharm
Charm

Postby DDDVIOAUS » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:25 pm

Your lucky then, that he isn't that obsessed with Bowie. I also have a friend who is known to talk in quotes from Jimmy Buffett songs. If he lived in American, he would be a total Parrothead.
DDDVIOAUS
SC Fan

Postby Autumn SC1 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:35 pm

love the movie Labyrinth.... not necessarily for a Bowie fan but was a good movie
Autumn SC1
Charm

Postby DDDVIOAUS » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:43 am

I like Bowie's music, but I always thought he was a great actor. His role in "Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence", was brilliant as was his portrayal of Nikola Tesla in "The Prestige". Many people don't know that in 1980 and 1981, he played John Merrick in "The Elephant Man" on Broadway, and chose to do the role without makeup or appearance altering device. Odd in a way, I know David Bowie more for his acting that music, sad actually.
DDDVIOAUS
SC Fan

Return to Topic Of The Day