Chat sites

Let's talk about something - News, Sex, The Weather, Sex, Movies, Sex? You decide. Post it here.

Chat sites

Postby RopePhotog » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:27 am

I was sitting around yesterday afternoon thinking about the various chat sites I visit. It seems as if chat is a dying breed, based on what I see. I know the Internet is very different now than it was even 10 years ago but the lack of chat just amazes me. I have to wonder if this trend is going to continue or if chat may make a comeback. I was thinking about the various forms of social media we have today, how it seems the pace of life has spend up, many factors. I am curious to see any reactions from both Charms and fans about this.
RopePhotog
SC Fan

Re: Chat sites

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:46 am

Everything is so "instant" now. Social media has changed how we communicate. I remember when if you wanted to contact someone who didn't live near you, you had to either call them and pay a per minute fee "long distance charges" on a corded telephone, or you had to write a letter and wait a few days for the mail to get it to them.
Now though, you can see and talk to someone in an instant, via facetime, etc. Social media, once designed to be a place to communicate with each other, I THINK is now turning into a place to just post, and not communicate. It's more about the "me me me, look at me" thing. In my opinion.

It's the change in how communication is viewed I think, that is killing off the chats.
People seem to be more interested in sharing about themselves, than being interested in others.
And the chat function is not a good outlet for that. You can share about yourself, but what if someones posts back? You'd have to actually communicate.
Additionally, social media allows the users to perfect their posts, their photos, their words.
Chat is instant.

By the way, I don't do social media of any sort. I've never been interested in it. I would rather share my life the way it is, with all it's imperfections with my friends and family. :-)
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Postby RopePhotog » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:15 pm

Good thoughts on that Serena, all of it. I'm not a huge social media user either. I have a Twitter account but that is to just follow my nephew and the local high school sports teams. Facebook I have as well but really don't post to it much. Anything else, I'm clueless and I'm going to remain that way.
RopePhotog
SC Fan

Postby FoxyRose » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:52 am

I am huge on social media. I have kik, twitter, facebook (personal and model page) Instagram, Vero, Tumblr, snapchat, and maropolo.

I use all for business and personal. I stay update with fans and family.
Website- kinkyfoxyrose.com
Twitter- @foxyrosexxx
FoxyRose
Charm

Postby Doris_Dawn » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:53 am

You are so right about the me-me-me excessive promo on social media, starting with Facebook.
Little we know that the 'user' is in fact the PRODUCT of these huge social media hubs.
The 'me' bait invites peeping robots in our homes, in our lives, to sell us ads - conspicuously touching the phrase we just spoke a minute ago. Hmm...

I don't use Facebook for my hobbies and business, as it's not even allowed to post 18+ stuff out there.
But I have separate accounts for school and family, which work pretty nice if you know how to insulate them. Anyway, the sneaky ads would find a way around, even after the introduction of GDPR.

A good place to chat (almost like in the good old times) is Gmail -- yes, another 'don't do evil' idealistic garage-team turned to evil mega-corporation -- however, I find that Gmail is a better/safer?/ place than Facebook.

About Twitter now, I use it extensively and exclusively for business, it worked pretty nice. Until about a year ago, when I've noticed that Twitter stealthily sandboxes adult content. Just log in as another user and look for your adult-account posts or hashtags. No results.

As a recommendation, I'd suggest you try Switter - switter.at - which is a Swiss-based social hub, adult friendly, and a great place to chat, to promote yourself and -yes- to communicate.

xoxo :X
Doris Dawn,
Happily married cougar bunny and true amateur nude model.
Doris_Dawn
SC Fan

Return to Topic Of The Day