Ask The Nerd

Let's talk about something - News, Sex, The Weather, Sex, Movies, Sex? You decide. Post it here.

Ask The Nerd

Postby guywiththeshirt » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:46 pm

Just to spark some conversations and hopefully help someone out:

Feel free to post here or message me with any questions you have about tech related things. Cameras, videos, video editing, social media, audio, snazzy phone tricks, etc. I may not have all of the answers but sometimes its better to ask a nerd than to google things all day. Am I right?!

Hope you all are having a good week...if not..tomorrow is Friday! WOOO!
guywiththeshirt
SC Fan

Re: Ask The Nerd

Postby randiloveSC1 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:05 am

What's a cool tech tip for phones?
randiloveSC1
Charm

Postby guywiththeshirt » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:45 am

For phones..seems like a lot of people don't know you can use voice control to take photos! Could be beneficial for charms who take photos of themselves.

On Android you say "ok Google, take a picture in 3 seconds (or different number)". If you are using the front facing camera, say "ok Google take a selfie" Look ma! No hands!

I don't have an iPhone but I'm fairly sure I've read you can do the same.

Hope that helps someone!
guywiththeshirt
SC Fan

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:10 am

guywiththeshirt wrote:For phones..seems like a lot of people don't know you can use voice control to take photos! Could be beneficial for charms who take photos of themselves.

On Android you say "ok Google, take a picture in 3 seconds (or different number)". If you are using the front facing camera, say "ok Google take a selfie" Look ma! No hands!

I don't have an iPhone but I'm fairly sure I've read you can do the same.

Hope that helps someone!

How cool!
I have an iphone and had to try it. "Siri, Take a picture in 3 seconds" only opens the camera app. I'm gonna mess around with it and see if I can get it to do it.
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Postby guywiththeshirt » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:19 am

From what I read this morning, Siri can open the camera but can't actually take the picture. You'll have to find an app to do it. Should be something available!
guywiththeshirt
SC Fan

Return to Topic Of The Day