A CHARMED Christmas

Let's talk about something - News, Sex, The Weather, Sex, Movies, Sex? You decide. Post it here.

A CHARMED Christmas

Postby DDDVIOAUS » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:23 pm

I love Christmas and most things about it. I also love learned things I don't know, and I love Southern Charms. So I thought I would ask the charms, and forum members, so questions abut how they feel about the Holiday. Hope no one minds.

1. Santa has eight reindeer and of course Rudolph, which reindeer name most suits your personality?
2. Egg Nog ...Love it, Like it, Hate it, Yuck its gross, Spike it with rum and I'll have some.
3. Fruit Cake... Love it, Like It, Hate it, Yuck It is like eating a brick, Deep Fry it, and I'll try it.
4.Lights on the tree... Gotta be white, Multi Please...Red&Green... Or other color combo. What's atop your tree?
5. If your Santa, what drink and snack do you most look forward to after you slide down the Chimney?
6. What is your most favorite Christmas memory as a child....as an adult?
7.What is your favorite Christmas tradition, as a child, as an adult?
8. When is it too early to play Christmas music?
9. What is your most favorite Christmas song or carol? Traditional, Modern, Funny?
10. What was your most precious giftt to receive as a child, as an adult?
11. What type of gift do you like to receive, given? ( something tangible you can hold or keep, or an experience type)?
12. The biggest Christmas joy for me is.....the biggest humbug is.....?

I hope you find this a fun exercise, and might bring you a little joy. Thank you for taking part.
DDDVIOAUS
SC Fan

Re: A CHARMED Christmas

Postby Italian Lace SC4 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:20 pm

1. Santa has eight reindeer and of course Rudolph, which reindeer name most suits your personality?

Dasher -- I like to go fast!

2. Egg Nog ...Love it, Like it, Hate it, Yuck its gross, Spike it with rum and I'll have some.

Love it! Especially as creamer for my coffee or cut with milk and steamed for a latte.

3. Fruit Cake... Love it, Like It, Hate it, Yuck It is like eating a brick, Deep Fry it, and I'll try it.

BLECK. Not usually a fan, HOWEVER, former Charm Jorja makes REALLY good fruitcake... the only fruitcake I've ever liked. She made me a believer.

4.Lights on the tree... Gotta be white, Multi Please...Red&Green... Or other color combo. What's atop your tree?

I like vibrant COLOR so give me a colorful tree! It could be multi-colored or solid of one color, but it has to be colorful!

5. If your Santa, what drink and snack do you most look forward to after you slide down the Chimney?

Chocolate Chip cookies and warm cocoa with marshmellows

As a child: Getting a puppy for Christmas. I was 6. He was an adorable little Shitzu. I was particularly spoiled that year as I was still an only child (my first sibling came a few months later) and I had already opened what seemed like a million presents. I thought we were all done, then my parents wheeled out this little kiddie shopping cart (also a present) and in it was this adorable little puppy. He was my first dog.

As an adult: My husband and I were gifted a stay at a cute little bed and breakfast in the historic district in St. Augustine, FL. The proprietor had a penchant for Christmas and actually even LOOKED like Santa Claus himself. The whole house was decorated like a winter wonderland. It was just a couple blocks from the heart of St. Augustine, which is known for doing an extremely large Christmas lights display throughout the city. We rode a trolly around enjoying the lights, sipping spiked cocoa, singing Christmas carols with other tourists and just enjoying the Christmas spirit in a magical place. It was lovely.

As a child: Watching the Rankin Bass Claymation Christmas specials on TV
As an adult: Watching A Christmas Story... and the Rankin Bass Claymation Christmas specials LOL

Anytime before Thanksgiving week.

9. What is your most favorite Christmas song or carol? Traditional, Modern, Funny?

Gloria in Excelsis Deo -- sung by a choir and played by an orchestra

As a child: A puppy. Second best was a dollhouse
As an adult: A hitch for my SUV... though if I get the Cricut Maker machine that I so desperately want this year that will easily take the cake. I like useful gifts.

11. What type of gift do you like to receive, given? ( something tangible you can hold or keep, or an experience type)?

I don't like a lot of "stuff" because I live in a small apartment and space is an issue, though anything useful like power tools, art supplies, etc. is what I prefer. And clothes... even when I'm short on space I still love new clothes.

Joy: Giving gifts that I've gathered throughout the year because I saw something that reminded me of someone, or something I thought would be perfect for someone.
Humbug: Forced gift giving-- like having to find a gift for someone out of social obligation when you have no idea what they like or need. I prefer gifts to come from the heart.
★ 3150+ Naughty Photo Sets ★ 850+ Steamy Videos ★
Italian Lace SC4
Charm

Postby Ms Frolicker » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:50 pm

Great Idea.

1. I think I'm a Dasher. I never seem to have any time for myself and I'm always on the go.
2. If you took an entire glass of bourbon and put 1 drop of eggnog in it, I might be able to drink it. Not a fan.
3. Not a fan for store bought fruit cake, but my MIL makes a killer, light batter fruit cake that then entire family fights over and hordes.
4. We have strands for all white and colored lights and we go back and forth. I say we're 60/40 leaning toward all white.
5. I like all kinds of cookies and I love to spike hot cocoa with honey bourbon and dip them in it.
6. I don't have a particular childhood memory but I cherish memories of all the gatherings that included my maternal grandparents when they were both alive. As an adult: We have a tradition of going to a drive through light display every year. When my kids were all still young I would have to two youngest in my lap and the two oldest standing between the front seats of our minivan looking at the lights. It was a wonderful time when they were all sweet and innocent and they all believed in Santa.
7. Other than what I mentioned above, we always give out PJs on christmas eve and as a child we did this at my house as well. Then everyone has to go put them on. It's great fun.
8. I think any music before the 2nd week of December is too early.
9. I like the little drummer boy, both the original version and the Bowie/Crosby versions.
10. I have two girls and two boys, the girls are older. I had studio portraits taken of the girls at about 2 and 1 year old and they hung in our entrance way. I never got around to doing the same for our sons. One year my husband surprised me with a framed portrait of each of the boys at about the same ages reproduced from some digital pics that I didn't even know existed. I was floored by how perfect and thoughtful the gift was.
11. I like to try and do things as a family, so the experience type of gift is what I lean toward now.
12. My biggest joy is having everyone under one roof for the holidays along with boyfriends and girlfriends for a great informal dinner. My biggest humbug is the materialism of the holiday.

2017-12-06_201854_0472_LR_LR.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ms Frolicker
Charm

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:57 pm

DDDVIOAUS wrote:I love Christmas and most things about it. I also love learned things I don't know, and I love Southern Charms. So I thought I would ask the charms, and forum members, so questions abut how they feel about the Holiday. Hope no one minds.

Prancer! I'm always on the move, can't sit still. And my alter ego loves to prance around in super slutty barely there clothing ;)

Never tried it but I imagine, YUCK it's gross

Never tried it, the stuff looks TOXIC! Hate it.

Lots of lights! Multi color, as many as I can string on the thing!

A few homemade chocolate chip cookies and an ice cold glass of coke!

I don't have a specific one as a child. But my Christmases were good. My parents spoiled us.
As an adult? My best Christmas memory is of the year we lived in Denver, Colorado. 1986 I think. There was a HUGE BLIZZARD right at Christmas. People were skiing down the streets and the cars were all buried in snow. Coming from the Mojave Desert and having lived there all my life, snow was just amazing at Christmas!

We didn't really have a tradition when I was a child, other than we got to pen one present on Christmas Eve. As an adult, my husband and I began a tradition of every Christmas Eve we watched ALL of the Christmas shows and in the evening after dinner I made hot chocolate and brownies and we would watch the favorites......Frosty, Grinch, etc. Then my husband and I would do our "santa" duties and put together all the stuff that needed to be put together :d

I think it's too early before Thanksgiving. Anytime after Thanksgiving is good.

I really don't have one. Honestly, all Christmas music sounds the same to me. In a good way. Like snow and fun and hot chocolate and sweet stuff and happiness :-)

As a child? I can't remember. Way too long ago.
As an adult? My grandkids. They were born right before Christmas. 14 years apart!

I much prefer the experience. It doesn't have to be something like a trip or anything. Just being with my family is what I like. I like to GIVE gifts that the receiver really wants. I often start searching for the perfect gift around Summer months. I love seeing the expression on my families faces when they open my gifts. It definitely makes me feel like Santa!

I know I sound like a broken record, but being with my family is my biggest joy.
The biggest humbug? Is being old enough to have grown kids who have kids of their own. Christmases aren't the same when you don't have kids around. It's just my husband and I now and although we have a small tree most years, some years we haven't bothered with the mess, Christmas just isn't the same. So I cherish the time with my daughter and grandkids.

I hope you find this a fun exercise, and might bring you a little joy. Thank you for taking part.
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Postby Staples » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:50 pm

I think I'm a Vixen! :-D

Not a fan! BUT if it's the only thing around and we can sneak some rum into it I'll drink it.

I've never had a good one. Blech.

Definitely gotta be white lights. I like a big bow with long ribbons on the top. Last year my ornaments were actually just red black and silver mardi gras beads!

Whiskey and dark chocolate!
As a child I remember learning how to tie my shoe on Christmas. It was a great achievement LOL. As an adult... I've had some good Christmases but spending it in another country is always nice and memorable!

As a kid, we did most of our Christmas on Christmas Eve. That's when we opened presents. We would just do stockings on Christmas Day. BUT, the coolest thing was that we did Christmas Eve at four different houses. Kind of like a pub crawl but for Christmas presents. I have yet to establish any real Christmas traditions as an adult.

Any time before Halloween is too early. I don't mind hearing it before Thanksgiving though.

I love Silver Bells! I'm also a fan of most Trans siberian Orchestra Christmas music.

Gonna have to think about this one for awhile.

I love getting little things that I enjoy but may not always buy myself. Bath bombs, good whiskey, that sort of thing. I also love gadgets. From my husband, I just like anything that lets me know he's been listening lol. Trips are nice but our family is pretty poor, so our budget for gifts is usually pretty small.

Spending time with the people I love eating great food and drinking good booze. The biggest humbug? I Haaaaaaaaaaate Christmas commercials!
Join today! http://www.southern-charms3.com/staples/main.htm Five updates a week!
Staples
Charm

Postby DDDVIOAUS » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:07 pm

Thank you to the charms that gave answers to the quiz. I thought it gave a refreshing insight into each of you.

As for what my answers might be...Well I couldn't be one of Santa's reindeer, since they all still have antlers in late December, they must all be females.
As for the Nog and Fruitcake, not a true fan of either but will take some if offered. Unless it's Mrs. Fogerty offering, her's as the story goes in inedible.

As for the lights the brighter the better, like a white and soft blue lit tree, as well as multi. One year did my white artificial tree up in pinks and purples so a little girl(I was dating her mom) could have a Barbie Tree. As for wht treat I'd like as Santa, it's food and its free, doesnt matter....

Favorite gift as a child...my first baseball glove. Being Christmas back in those days options were limited, and we were poor. Mom saved up and got the glove at a Green Stamps store. It was a maroonish color. Man I loved that glove, even more so when I learned it came from mom..... as an adult, Several years ago, I was surprised with a train ride with Santa and his whole crew. She had bought us a whole hour trip alone. I had the time of my life. She got the idea from hearing me talk of my love or trains and wanting to be santa as a kid.

Favorite tradition..as a child had an uncle that owned a large farm and had some horses. The Sunday before Christmas we would gather us around , build a large fire, and snow or not take us kids on a sleigh ride. Was magic. As an adult givng to others.
For me I love instamental Christmas music year round. Not like Jingle Bells, but celtic sounds and songs that are haunting. I guess I love Christmas music, since I have saved or downloaded some 5000 songs, tunes etc. Some are really obsure, and out of date where you wont find them anywhere, but in a collectors collection.

I just wanted to say Thank you to Serena, Lace, Frolick, and Staples for taking the time to answer my queries....Bless you////
DDDVIOAUS
SC Fan

Return to Topic Of The Day