Playful Cougar SC4

Wanna know more about your favorite charms? Check it out! Blog type posts from charms

Re: Playful Cougar SC4

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:23 pm

rumersc4 wrote:wait wait...plum butter!??! That sounds amazing! How do you make it?

Yesterday's batch was a double batch, made a regular batch today.

There's a bunch of recipes out there but I have found that I like this one (it makes a small batch, I usually double/triple it for canning purposes):

Approx. 2 lbs. plums (I err on the over 2 rather than under 2lbs when weighing)
3/4-1 cup sugar (depends on the sweetness of the plums, personal preference)
1/4 c water
1 Tablespoon vanilla

Pit plums, leave skin on. Slice/chunk them (the smaller the pieces, the faster it cooks but again, my personal preference).

Add all ingredients to a large saucepan & bring to a boil. Stir frequently to keep from burning and to dissolve sugar. Reduce to medium low and simmer uncovered until pieces are tender, be sure to keep stirring often. Once tender, use an immersion blender to blend until smooth (or transfer to a blender and return to pan when done). Simmer uncovered for about 20/30 minutes or until it has thickened some. (if it gets to thick, add a spoonful of water until desired consistency)

From here, you can put in the fridge for personal use or you can waterbath can it for 10 minutes (adjust for your altitude depending on your location). Headspace would be 1/4 in. This will make roughly 3 8oz jelly jars plus a little extra.
Playful Cougar SC4
Charm

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:28 pm

Thursday, August 24, 2023

Today was spent running some errands first. After that I started another batch of plum butter while hubby and son went to pick up a desk that someone was giving away for free! Been needing one, the kitchen table needs to be repurposed back to its original purpose, lol. Oh, what a joy, that thing is solid wood and heavy! It took 4 of us to get it in the house.

After that, I went back to canning and made a batch of nectarine plum butter. I may or may not start baking some cookies tonight for Saturday's market. Either way, tomorrow will be spent in the kitchen, baking all day.
Playful Cougar SC4
Charm

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:13 pm

Sunday, August 27, 2023

I spent all day Friday in the kitchen. I baked 5 dozen peanut butter cookies, 4 1/2 dozen chocolate chip cookies, 2 loaves of cheddar jalapeno beer bread, 1 loaf of garlic herb beer bread, 1 loaf of honey wheat beer bread, a glazed honeybun cake, 7 small loaves of zucchini bread, and 2 loaves of pepperoni cheese bread, before sitting down and printing labels for all. Cookies were packaged in packs of 5 and the honeybun cake was cut into 6 large pieces and packaged.

Saturday's market was an evening/night market (my 1st time at one of those), even had a dj booth so there was entertainment, lol. I enjoyed it, even if the foot traffic was less than what I was hoping for.

Today, I slept in (longer than I had planned), lol. But once I got up and got moving, I did a quick photo shoot and 2 videos (one video will be up on Tuesday - "Ass Jiggling.") Thinking about getting in bed at a decent time for once, tonight... It's either that or I burn some more midnight oil, putting together another video or two... Odds are, Ill go to bed though, I've been burning the candle at both ends most of this year, staying up late, working to keep pushing material out for you, my wonderful fans, and getting up early to start the process all over again each day, as well as deal with doctor appts, market needs and family/personal life... I've been staying one tired pussy
Playful Cougar SC4
Charm

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:55 am

Thursday, August 31, 2023

I know, I'm a few days behind again...

Monday, I did a photo shoot and a video (video was released yesterday). I spent time getting them ready to post/release also plus helped Sassy Slutt get her update for Friday ready to be posted.

Tuesday was spent taking care of some personal matters, as well as just starting to feel this nasty toothache I am dealing with. Cooked dinner - rice & gravy topped with cut up sirloin steak.

Wednesday was spent in a surgical waiting room for the most part. Hubby (East Coast Stallion) had an appointment to get steroid injections in his lower back under x-ray (morning appointment) which was supposed to take about 45 minutes give or take...We ended up being there a little over 5 hrs. because the surgeon's 1st appointment took much longer than expected, pushing everyone after late. This didn't include the hour drive each way to and from the facility. By the time we got home, I had to go straight to work getting this coming Tuesday's update ready to go in (I didn't want to disappoint any fans who are waiting to see it). And dinner was leftovers.
I couldn't wait last night to pop some more Tylenol either, my face (whole left side) was hurting. It is swollen too, ugh.

Ok, up early this morning for a dr. appt with an orthopedic. I have arthritis in my back and shoulders, I have finally broke down and decided to go see someone in regards to the pain I stay in. Primary caregiver said my x-rays also show inflammation in my shoulders, so... that at least might explain why I can't move my arms in some directions without severe pain... Wish me luck. Oh and face is still swollen and hurting (didn't really sleep last night due to it, have a dentist appointment on the 5th)
Playful Cougar SC4
Charm

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:10 pm

Saturday, September 2, 2023

Ok, been busy since Thursday morning.... Dr visit went as well as could be expected as I knew what part of the diagnosis would probably be. I have what they call a frozen shoulder in my right side. The best way to solve that is physical activity and stretching even if it's painful...takes about as long to get rid of as been dealing with the issues, so we are estimating 6 months to a year. There are shots they can put in it to help but being diabetic, they can wreak havoc on my blood glucose levels as they are steroidal shots so we are going to try and manage without them for now. The main key is to keep using it as normal and not to baby it or it will continue to "freeze" up more.

The left shoulder is a whole different ball game... I injured it back in 2013 when I had that motorcycle accident, some of you might remember that. I had got up close and personal with a tree, kissing it through my visor opening on my helmet (full face helmet) when I was propelled forward off my bike and then landed on my left side after that intimate kiss. So imagine the front tire hitting the tree, me flying forward and my body bending in a "u" shape as I'm coming off the bike, where my head and heels meet before unbending and kissing the tree, then dropping straight down on the roots landing on my left side... Needless to say, I jacked my whole left side up, just didn't realize I hurt my shoulder as bad as I did until a couple weeks later due to focusing on my leg witch seemed like had the worst damage. Anyways, by the time I realized my shoulder was messed up, I was dealing with potential surgery on my leg, which did happen as well as physical therapy and an unrelated surgery. Long story short, I felt I had messed my rotator cuff up but never had it checked and now my Dr thinks so to and feels it's time I get an MRI to verify it so we can make plans to repair it.

Thursday evening, I was in severe pain with the whole side of my face swollen and throbbing as my antibiotic hadn't fully kicked in yet, but I baked Sassy Slutt a birthday cake anyways and sent in an update for this coming Tuesday.

Friday, woke to my face feeling a little better but still looking like a pufferfish, lol. :)) Stayed in the kitchen baking all day - orange creamsicle cookies, peanut butter cookies, honeybun cake, pepperoni cheese breads, and cheese biscuit breads (think Red Lobster biscuits but in the form of bread loaves).

Today, I was out at the farmer's market, where I normally am on most Saturdays, then ran to do some errands and just now sitting down after having a quick grilled ham and cheese sandwich for dinner that East Coast Stallion so graciously cooked for me.

Tomorrow, will be a day for new photo shoots and possibly some video shoots if all goes well...
Playful Cougar SC4
Charm

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:59 pm

Saturday, September 7, 2023

Wow, this week has been busy! I did not realize that I hadn't posted lately until now.

My week consisted of shooting a couple photo updates, working, dentist appointment, editing lighting in some photos, cooking meals, checking out the scene where I'll be haunting in at a local seasonal job, and baking all day Friday. Today was spent as a vendor at a local charity car show and mud run. Not much sleep this week so needless to say, I'm ready to crash tonight.
Playful Cougar SC4
Charm

Postby loke693 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:05 pm

Make sure you get your rest! Rest is an important element to our lives. You can be super woman, but without your rest, you will end up just being mortal! Don’t over do it. Take a day and enjoy the day. Smell the roses and enjoy life. You work hard, you deserve some Playful Cougar time!

Loke
loke693
SC Fan

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:32 pm

loke693 wrote:Make sure you get your rest! Rest is an important element to our lives. You can be super woman, but without your rest, you will end up just being mortal! Don’t over do it. Take a day and enjoy the day. Smell the roses and enjoy life. You work hard, you deserve some Playful Cougar time!

Loke

Awe, thank you! I understand what you are saying and would love to actually do so, but my life has no rest for the wicked at the present time (not unless I happen to be holding tonight's winning lottery tcket that is, lol).
Playful Cougar SC4
Charm

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:42 pm

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

This month has been crazy busy... between doctor's appointments for myself, Sassy Slutt, and East Coast Stallion, we all 3 have stayed on the road quite a bit. That doesn't even account for my days of baking, Saturdays at the market, some part time work I have been picking up p.r.n. and now my seasonal job has also just gotten started, we officially open this weekend! With all this going on, October is looking to be just as busy if not more so...

My orthopedic doctor called Sunday and said that my rotator cuff seemed ok (via MRI) but that something was partially torn (call wasn't the clearest) but we may be able to get it to heal with some injections and physical therapy... if not then I'll need surgery to finish cutting it through and fixing it properly or something like that. I have an appointment next week for my 1st set of injections and I'll verify all information then since the phone call was kind of spotty.

Hope everyone else has been doing well.
Playful Cougar SC4
Charm

Postby barj39 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:42 am

Playful Cougar SC4 wrote:Tuesday, September 26, 2023

This month has been crazy busy... between doctor's appointments for myself, Sassy Slutt, and East Coast Stallion, we all 3 have stayed on the road quite a bit. That doesn't even account for my days of baking, Saturdays at the market, some part time work I have been picking up p.r.n. and now my seasonal job has also just gotten started, we officially open this weekend! With all this going on, October is looking to be just as busy if not more so...

My orthopedic doctor called Sunday and said that my rotator cuff seemed ok (via MRI) but that something was partially torn (call wasn't the clearest) but we may be able to get it to heal with some injections and physical therapy... if not then I'll need surgery to finish cutting it through and fixing it properly or something like that. I have an appointment next week for my 1st set of injections and I'll verify all information then since the phone call was kind of spotty.

I hope that the injections work and they at least help with the issue/s. I wish you all a speedy recovery from you illnesses.
It is getting that time of year also and hard to believe where 2023 has gone.
Sending you lots of hugs and kisses
Barry xxxxxxxxxx
barj39
SC Fan

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:31 pm

barj39 wrote:
Playful Cougar SC4 wrote:Tuesday, September 26, 2023

I hope that the injections work and they at least help with the issue/s. I wish you all a speedy recovery from you illnesses.
It is getting that time of year also and hard to believe where 2023 has gone.
Sending you lots of hugs and kisses
Barry xxxxxxxxxx

The injection seems to be helping so far, hopefully, it will continue to do so without having to have more since the steroid caused a 5lb weight gain and sent my glucose out of sorts for about a week. Thank you for all the well wishes and love!
Playful Cougar SC4
Charm

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:37 pm

October 18, 2023

This month has been crazy... doctor appointments, medical testings, and working 3 other jobs besides SC (Including one as a haunt actor - which I absolutely love. Which also inspired today's update, lol). So my apologies for not keeping up on my blog as I would like to do. November looks to be a little calmer, and the one seasonal job will be over at that point as well.
Playful Cougar SC4
Charm

Postby barj39 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:25 am

:X :X :X
Hope all comes together soon for you gorgeous
take care and look after yourself
looking stunning as ever xxxxxxxx
barj39
SC Fan

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:25 pm

barj39 wrote::X :X :X
Hope all comes together soon for you gorgeous
take care and look after yourself
looking stunning as ever xxxxxxxx

Thank you! As always, you are so sweet, I greatly appreciate the love and concern. :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:
Playful Cougar SC4
Charm

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:42 pm

October 24, 2023

As i previously stated, this month has been really crazy. Last week was spent running errands and doctor visits with more medical testing, plus work, this week is a bunch of the same - tomorrow is a 4 hour nuclear stress test which I'm not looking forward to doing but... Then the haunt starts a 6 night in a row run starting Thursday night with an extra event on Saturday morning (oh and did I mention I live an hour away from the place) so I won't get home from Friday's event until after Saturday night's event just to be back down there on Sunday night, lol. Its one of those things that I will be glad when the season is over but I'll miss it too, as I really do enjoy the haunt.

Looking forward to November settling down some...
Playful Cougar SC4
Charm

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:26 pm

November 12, 2023

I know, I'm still behind keeping up with this. However things seem to be settling down a little, so I hope I will be able to start posting more again soon. Update on some of my medical issues... I had an echocardiogram done last month, it came back good. A week later, I had a stress test done as described in my last post... Well, my follow up appointment was supposed to be Nov.13; however, they called me the following week of the test and wanted to see me the next day... I was less than thrilled as I knew that meant something was wrong as I have had my heart health watched over all my life as I was born with some issues. Needless, to say, there was an area of concern which needs further investigating due to a possible artery blockage in the lower portion of my health, so I need to have a cardiac angioplasty (heart cath.) done to see if there is a blockage for certain, as well as to determine what needs done to fix it.
Playful Cougar SC4
Charm

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:48 am

November 15, 2023

Happy birthday to me!!!
Playful Cougar SC4
Charm

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:01 pm

Happy Birthday cutie!! :YMHUG:
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:39 pm

SultrySerenaSC2 wrote:Happy Birthday cutie!! :YMHUG:

Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate it. :YMHUG:

Not sure how I truly feel about turning 51 though, but at least I'm still here, lol.
Playful Cougar SC4
Charm

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:55 pm

November 15, 2023

Well, today was a busy day... I had a follow up appointment with my orthopedic doctor this morning that took forever due to a packed house (spent an hour past my appt in the waiting room). He rechecked my left shoulder, making progress but too early to decide on whether or not to do another cortisone shot or use another treatment. Rechecked my right shoulder and decided that it was time to try a cortisone shot in it. By the time I got out of there, the lab was closed for lunch so I dawdled around Walmart and Hobby Lobby for an hour before going back to get my presurgical (cardiac angioplasty, next week) bloodwork done at the lab. Then came home and started working on SC stuff for myself and Sassy Slutt (I help her as she isn't as proficient with the software I use, nor does she have a laptop or desktop of her own yet, etc...).

If you aren't familiar with diabetes, you might not know that steroids can really mess with your glucose levels... and of that shot is a steroid and sent my glucose sky high this evening so I have also been fighting with that. It's just starting to slowly come back down... So today has been a real rollercoaster of a day, defininately not how I wanted to spend my birthday but I guess it is what it is.
Playful Cougar SC4
Charm

PreviousNext

Return to Charm Blog Posts