Just chat!

If it doesn't feel comfortable any place else, try slipping it in here.

Just chat!

Postby pvcvinyl » Mon May 07, 2012 2:10 pm

I got to help cut one of our facilities over from commercial power onto a 250kVA Caterpillar generator this weekend. Easy money. Then yesterday, I got to hang with some friends and fired up the grill.
pvcvinyl
SC Fan

Re: Just chat!

Postby gman36 » Mon May 07, 2012 2:12 pm

RosiePieCharm wrote:Sorry about your bad weekends, gman! :( <3

Awww, thanks Rosie, at least I had you guys to talk to when I got home :)
gman36
SC Fan

Postby Italian Lace SC4 » Wed May 09, 2012 5:15 am

Has anyone else seen The Avengers yet? I saw it yesterday in IMAX 3D and absolutely LOVED every minute of it! I really liked the personalities of every character and OMG has 3D technology come a long way!!! I was definitely wow-ed. Oh, and let me not forget to add in all the eye candy that movie had to offer--YUM!
★ 3200+ Naughty Photo Sets ★ 850+ Steamy Videos ★
Italian Lace SC4
Charm

Postby Wendy Watkins SC2 » Wed May 09, 2012 12:59 pm

Wendy Watkins SC2 wrote:Just got back from class... My professor literally called us all up one by one to hand in our papers. He asked us what our thesis statement was, wrote down a grade and handed them right back to us. I am sooo mad! This kind of crap would only happen in the craphole town I live in!

I need to bitch a minute... I had my final for this class this morning, and after driving all the way out to campus (Ok it's not that far, but gas is $4.49 here...), I see a sign on our classroom door saying the final is cancelled. CANCELLED?! I didn't know a final could be cancelled. And I spent all night picking apart "The Yellow Wallpaper" to make sure I'd get a good grade :(

On a lighter note; I haven't seen the Avengers yet, but I really want to! When I was a kid there was a Salvation Army down the street that sold comics for 5 cents. My brother usually stole all of the "good" ones from me, but I'd sneak into his comic stash and read them while hiding under the bed :D
Wendy Watkins SC2
SC Fan

Postby Xandusk » Wed May 09, 2012 5:37 pm

Italian Lace SC4 wrote:Has anyone else seen The Avengers yet? I saw it yesterday in IMAX 3D and absolutely LOVED every minute of it! I really liked the personalities of every character and OMG has 3D technology come a long way!!! I was definitely wow-ed. Oh, and let me not forget to add in all the eye candy that movie had to offer--YUM!

I haven't seen it yet, but it is on my list. I am totally psyched for Men in Black 3 though
Xandusk
Charm

Postby Xandusk » Wed May 09, 2012 5:40 pm

Wendy Watkins SC2 wrote:
Wendy Watkins SC2 wrote:Just got back from class... My professor literally called us all up one by one to hand in our papers. He asked us what our thesis statement was, wrote down a grade and handed them right back to us. I am sooo mad! This kind of crap would only happen in the craphole town I live in!

I need to bitch a minute... I had my final for this class this morning, and after driving all the way out to campus (Ok it's not that far, but gas is $4.49 here...), I see a sign on our classroom door saying the final is cancelled. CANCELLED?! I didn't know a final could be cancelled. And I spent all night picking apart "The Yellow Wallpaper" to make sure I'd get a good grade :(

On a lighter note; I haven't seen the Avengers yet, but I really want to! When I was a kid there was a Salvation Army down the street that sold comics for 5 cents. My brother usually stole all of the "good" ones from me, but I'd sneak into his comic stash and read them while hiding under the bed :D

Damn. I am moving to where you are. I wish our gas was that cheap. We just had a BIG drop and are now at $1.32/litre. That's just over $5.00/US gallon. It totally sucks when they cancel even a class without warning, but a final makes no sense at all.
Xandusk
Charm

Postby gman36 » Wed May 09, 2012 5:46 pm

Xandusk wrote:Damn. I am moving to where you are. I wish our gas was that cheap. We just had a BIG drop and are now at $1.32/litre. That's just over $5.00/US gallon. It totally sucks when they cancel even a class without warning, but a final makes no sense at all.

We are £1.40 per litre, working out at £7, per gallon, which is about $11 US. And that's in the cheaper garages, some of them are £1.50 per liter.
gman36
SC Fan

Postby Italian Lace SC4 » Wed May 09, 2012 6:29 pm

I'm totally stoked for Men in Black 3! I'm gonna try to see that in IMAX 3D as well...

Man, and I was feeling bad about the $3.65/gal I'm paying here... uggg, I wish we had better options for transportation!
Italian Lace SC4
Charm

Postby RosiePieCharm » Wed May 09, 2012 8:42 pm

Gas is pretty expensive where I am as well but since it's such a small area I just walk or ride my bike a lot of the time. I changed my car to a stick so I'd get better gas millage. Totally worth the hassle of learning it. (Well, normally I wouldn't think it was a hassle but I learned by getting a ride three hours away to pick the car up then driving it home. THAT was an experience!)

I don't usually see movies.. I don't feel it's worth my money to go to theater usually. Movies have never really been my thing but I will rent them from time to time to snuggle up or invite a few friends over. I am curious about Men in Black III though. (But I probably wont see it in theaters.)
RosiePieCharm
SC Fan

Postby Eva SC2 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:40 am

Red Stripe would look fantastic as black widow! That movie is on my list as well. And because of all the action and I'm assuming awesome effects, I will probably see it on the big screen. Other movies I just wait till their available on netflix. Or the $1 theatre.
I have a hybrid and live where there are all sorts of things within walking distance. I also like to bike instead of driving. And now that I have a special backpack for my pooch, he can come with me. :D Plus we have a grocer that gives gas perks when you buy from them. The good part is they also sell gift cards to places I shop all the time. So instead of just going to say Jo Ann Fabrics and paying cash, I'll use a gift card that I bought at the grocer and earn 20 cents off my fuel (per $50 of food or gift cards bought). And those gas perks add up, sometimes leading to free fill ups. (and I bring 3 gas cans to fill up at the same time) So the gas prices don't effect me as much. I bought a washer and dryer from home depot with those gift cards and had free gas for nearly 6 months! Then again, I don't commute...
Eva SC2
Charm

Postby IzzyCharm » Sat May 12, 2012 2:43 am

Italian Lace SC4 wrote:I'm totally stoked for Men in Black 3! I'm gonna try to see that in IMAX 3D as well...

Man, and I was feeling bad about the $3.65/gal I'm paying here... uggg, I wish we had better options for transportation!

I love you Lace but NO NO NO MIB 3 lol
Nylon Lust

<3 Izzy
http://www.IzzySC1.com
IzzyCharm
Charm

Postby Italian Lace SC4 » Sat May 12, 2012 4:10 am

IzzyCharm wrote:
Italian Lace SC4 wrote:I'm totally stoked for Men in Black 3! I'm gonna try to see that in IMAX 3D as well...

I love you Lace but NO NO NO MIB 3 lol

You know I love you, too, my sexy Izzy, but why not MIB3? What's not to love? Its got Josh Brolin! YUM!
Italian Lace SC4
Charm

Postby Italian Lace SC4 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Just an update... I DID see Men In Black 3 and I LOVED IT! (Sorry Izzy, but it was good!). I saw it in IMAX 3D, the same theater I went to for The Avengers. IMAX 3D matinees there are "only" $10... Gosh, going to the movies is so expensive these days! The 3D was good, but you could tell the movie didn't have as big a budget as The Avengers... I'm STILL geeking out over how awesome that movie looked.

Anyway, what is everyone up to lately? Its kinda quiet around here today... Yesterday I spent most of my day shooting a maternity photo set for a very pregnant young woman, so I'm spending my day today organizing those photos. It was fun. Pregnant ladies are so sexy! Though, I was a little afraid she was gonna pop any minute and have her baby right on my backdrop! :shock:
Italian Lace SC4
Charm

Postby gman36 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:48 pm

You're right, Lace, it has been very quiet round here.
Unfortunately for me, it's all been work, work, work. It's a very busy time in the store just now, and there's a lot going on, so my bran is usually too frazzled to get active in here at the moment.
Although thanks to a conversation with Xan, I do have an idea for my next novel, so I've got a lot of planning to do now :)
gman36
SC Fan

Postby RosiePieCharm » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:46 pm

Ugh! I REALLY want to see MIB 3 but I just don't have the money right now. I'll probably rent it later. I've never been huge on movie theaters anyway. I AM going to see the new Batman movie when it comes out in a group of people going dressed up. I REALLY want to go as Cat Girl but I need to save up the money for the suit. It's only $50 (not including shoes, which I don't NEED but I want) but this month is my boyfriend and I's one year anniversary AND the Pride Parade in San Fran so a lot of my money is going to those things.

Other than that I've been helping with local events, sewing a LOT, and trying to relax.
RosiePieCharm
SC Fan

Postby gman36 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Well today has been rather fun. There's been a couple of good football matches on TV in the Euro 2012 tournament, although absolutely gutted to see Ireland losing, what with being of Irish descent. But it's been an enjoyable tournament so far.
Best bit of today was litening to the Elton John gig that was taking place at the stadium just down the road from me. Folk were paying upwards of £100 for tickets, but I got to hear everything from my living room :)
And he was sensational. Almost 3 hours without a break, not many of today's young bands would last that long.
Oh yes, also excited to hear that Rosie Pie has inherited a few pairs of jeans, I can't wait to see her first set in them ;)
Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend.
gman36
SC Fan

Just chat!

Postby pvcvinyl » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:09 am

Well, I got to teach myself on how to replace steel brake lines. Got it all replaced, blead, and no leaks! w00t!

Other than that, I've been playing my new fetish. Diablo III.
pvcvinyl
SC Fan

Postby RosiePieCharm » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:30 pm

Woo! Jeans! I dunno when I'll be able to do photos next but you'll be the first to know Gman. :)
RosiePieCharm
SC Fan

Postby Eva SC2 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:13 pm

Gman, I'm right with you, crossing fingers things turn around for us and we can have some more fun... was driving back from a wedding and was informed yet another family member passed, so I took a LONG detour to yet another funeral. (these things come in threes right? Because I don't think I can handle much more right now) Lets just say that the traveling has been draining. And PVC... I'm guessing Diablo III is a video game? Or a sex toy? Personally I'd pick the later. But I love teaching myself new things too... so kudos on the brakes!
Eva SC2
Charm

Just chat!

Postby pvcvinyl » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:10 pm

It's a game for the PC, and one I've been waiting for, for well over a year. :)

Sorry to hear about your family though. :(
pvcvinyl
SC Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic