Just chat!

If it doesn't feel comfortable any place else, try slipping it in here.

Re: Just chat!

Postby Italian Lace SC4 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:02 pm

RosiePieCharm wrote:@Lace: Sounds like you hang with some pretty boring people. ;) It's easy to take care of yourself (obviously water, eating right, and pacing yourself are the best ways to avoid a hang over) if you try. I didn't get "wasted" at any point, etc. I don't like to be very drunk because I think it looks and feels sloppy.

Why? Because I've never heard anyone say that? LOL Actually I hang out with a very intelligent crowd and I find them to be very exciting and not at all boring. Some of them are drinkers, some not. There is nothing wrong with getting wasted if that is what makes you happy, but I thought that even you, being the bright girl that you are, would find it comical to associate heavy drinking with taking care of oneself. I didn't mean to strike a nerve dear, I was merely observing that I've never heard anyone make that correlation before and found it funny.

So, ladies, and gman, you sexy beast, since we are on the topic, what do you like to drink? Got any good drinking stories? I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours ;)
★ 3200+ Naughty Photo Sets ★ 850+ Steamy Videos ★
Italian Lace SC4
Charm

Postby Xandusk » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Ok I'm in.
I like Pelee Island Merlot for sipping as I do things. Yes there are more expensive wines out there, but I love the taste of it. when I'm stressed out and need to vent etc I tend to drink rum and diet with my dad. I would list that as my second favourite alcoholic drink.
Ok good drinking story:
Back when I was 18 I worked in a strip bar. They were having their 9th anniversary party week and one of the nights was Jose Cuervo night. I drank so many shots of tequila that I had a chain of the little green tequila cups that ran around my neck and dragged 3 feet behind me on the floor, both sides. I decorated my Chrisrtmas tree that year with the tequila cups on the chains.
Oh yes, I was up in the morning just fine for school the next morning.
Xandusk
Charm

Postby RosiePieCharm » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:15 pm

Like I said, I was just kidding. I thought the wink would give that away. :lol: Oh well.

I don't really have a favorite drink. I just prefer not to drink gin. I guess when I'm out I order Mary Wests more often.
RosiePieCharm
SC Fan

Postby Xandusk » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:19 pm

Many years of bartending and managing bars and I have never heard of a Mary West. What is it? I'm thinking I probably know it under a different name :)
Xandusk
Charm

Postby RosiePieCharm » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:35 pm

I actually know it best as a Dirty Shirley, which is a Shirley Temple (sprite and grenadine) but with vodka. I was at this awesome gay bar a while ago and the bartender there told me it was a May West. So confusing! Haha.
RosiePieCharm
SC Fan

Postby Xandusk » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:39 pm

Ok. A May West I did know. Usually 7-up grenadine, vodka and a cherry. Shirley Temple's here are normally made with 7-up, grenadine, orange juice (rarely sour mix but i have seen it) and a cherry ;) Just a head's up in case you ever come up to my area and order one.
Xandusk
Charm

Postby RosiePieCharm » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:42 pm

Oh yeah! A MAY West. My bad, that is what I meant. I have a friend named Mary so I'm used to typing that. Haha. Oops!

Yeah I've gotten a Dirty Shirley with orange juice in it before. It was a happy surprise! I think I'm going to keep asking for Dirty Shirleys without explaining exactly what I want to see which bars do the oj, and which don't. Since I like them either way and all. :) What I DON'T like is when I get Coke/Pepsi in it. I can't have caffeine and I always feel guilty sending a drink back. :(
RosiePieCharm
SC Fan

Postby Xandusk » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:47 pm

Eww. So not the right way to make it. A coke with grenadine and a cherry is a Roy Rogers (at least in restaurants here) and I happen to think it's nasty, but then I don't like coke at all.
Xandusk
Charm

Just chat!

Postby pvcvinyl » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:13 pm

I'd just like to say, Real Steel is a great film.
pvcvinyl
SC Fan

Postby RosiePieCharm » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:28 pm

Yeah it is a Roy Rogers here too, I just don't know what it's called with booze in it. Other than gross! Haha.

What is Real Steal about, PVC? I haven't heard of it before. :)
I'm watching Chicago right now.
RosiePieCharm
SC Fan

Postby Italian Lace SC4 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:53 pm

pvcvinyl wrote:I'd just like to say, Real Steel is a great film.

When I saw the trailer for this movie I thought "They made a movie about Rock'em Sock'em Robots!" I wasn't sure I'd want to watch it but I might now based on your recommendation... I do love a good boxing match, especially when the gloves come off! ;) And Hugh Jackman is fucking sexy.
Italian Lace SC4
Charm

Postby Italian Lace SC4 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:20 am

Ok, so my *best* drinking story:

When I was a sophomore in college little 5' tall me once went shot for shot with a football player... lol he was one of the smaller ones, but admittedly, it wasn't one of my smarter decisions. Reportedly, I did about 11 shots of whiskey in about an hour, but I only remember the first 8. I don't remember the rest of the night either, but thanks to the tight knit community in my small private school I got to hear about it for *weeks* to come!

The night's antics included (but were not limited to) attempting to make snow angels in a deep snow drift, biting a linebacker (I had a crush on him so apparently I felt justified) and punching some loud-mouth girl in the jaw (told you I love boxing). I woke up on the couch cushions on the floor of my dorm room with my roommate (who was straight edge) looking down at me disapprovingly. It took a long time for me to be able to look back at the events of that night and laugh at my own stupidity. I didn't drink often in college and that was probably a good thing. I still managed to keep my scholarship and graduate with honors. To this day I still can't drink dark liquors, though, and just the smell of whiskey makes my head spin!

Ahhh... now that THAT embarrassing story is out there for the world to judge, I'm going to bed. Good night all <3
Italian Lace SC4
Charm

Just chat!

Postby pvcvinyl » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:25 am

RosiePieCharm wrote:What is Real Steal about, PVC? I haven't heard of it before.

The quick and dirty is a cross between Rock'em Sock'em Robots and Rocky. Toss in a good story about a dead beat dad and his son rebuilding their relationship in a way only Disney can, and you have a great film with a good storyline and effects that are good, but not the focus of the movie.

The last fight is almost to a T the fight Rocky had against the champ.
pvcvinyl
SC Fan

Postby RosiePieCharm » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:04 am

Sounds neat! If I stumble across it I'll be sure to watch. I don't usually watch TV so I can't promise I'll get to it. Sounds really neat though. :)
RosiePieCharm
SC Fan

Just chat!

Postby pvcvinyl » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:46 am

My wife classified it as a "definite 'guy' movie," but she liked it.

It came out in 2011, sometime...
pvcvinyl
SC Fan

Postby Xandusk » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:28 am

It's a really good movie. And I would not say it's a guy movie at all. My favourite parts include dancing!
Xandusk
Charm

Postby Eva SC2 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:33 am

Don't worry Rosie, we don't think you're a lush. ;) Sounds like you guys had fun. I tried out the new backpack I got for my little papillon. And we all went on a bike ride to the park. It's an Outward Hound backpack. Screen sides and a clip for the harness inside to keep the dog inside when you roll back the top to let him peek out. And plenty of pocket space outside for treats, leash wallet and such. I would recommend it if you have a small energetic dog that likes the outdoors.
Eva SC2
Charm

Postby Eva SC2 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:37 am

I remember the trailer for that movie. And it didn't make me want to see it. but maybe I should reconsider. So guy movie to your wife means violence and machinery?
Eva SC2
Charm

Postby Xandusk » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:39 am

Eva SC2 wrote:Don't worry Rosie, we don't think you're a lush. ;) Sounds like you guys had fun. I tried out the new backpack I got for my little papillon. And we all went on a bike ride to the park. It's an Outward Hound backpack. Screen sides and a clip for the harness inside to keep the dog inside when you roll back the top to let him peek out. And plenty of pocket space outside for treats, leash wallet and such. I would recommend it if you have a small energetic dog that likes the outdoors.

We share a difference of opinion as to what makes a small dog. I refer to my 62lb yellow lab as my small dog and I can not see carrying her around on my back :)
Oh yes, my big dog is a 104lb chocolate lab.
Xandusk
Charm

Just chat!

Postby pvcvinyl » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:19 am

Eva SC2 wrote:I remember the trailer for that movie. And it didn't make me want to see it. but maybe I should reconsider. So guy movie to your wife means violence and machinery?

Pretty much. :)

A guy movie to me was The Expendables, but what do I know. I'm just a man. :p
pvcvinyl
SC Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic