Video Question

If it doesn't feel comfortable any place else, try slipping it in here.

Video Question

Postby randiloveSC1 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:53 am

Hi, I have a lot of older videos that I would like to release again in high definition, or at least higher quality. What is the best way to do this? I use movie maker in windows right now.
Thanks!
randiloveSC1
Charm

Re: Video Question

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:06 am

I'm not an expert on this by any means, but I would say that go back to your original footage, not the videos you processed with movie maker. Start over and if movie maker is the only program you have, then make it again at the highest quality.

Another suggestion is to get a different video editer.

I use Cyberlink Powerdirector. I have version 16, although there are newer ones out there. It's around $80 I think. But it is amazingly easy to use. Especially if you're used to movie maker as I was.

And it has high def processing capabilities. ALong with many other video features.
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Postby guywiththeshirt » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:46 pm

If you have the original files, depending on the issues you could resize/color/use frame blending on them etc. If not, you won't be able to do as much. If it wasn't originally shot in HD you can't make it truly HD.

I have Premiere and After Effects. If you want I could edit a sample of something for you to see what you think. Just worked on 2 videos for FoxyRose...she could probably confirm I'm a nerd. hahahaha
guywiththeshirt
SC Fan

Postby martinae » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:54 am

Can I ask what photo editing software people use? There are lots out there... I'd like to play around a bit more with my photography just curious as to what people use.

Guy- nothing wrong with being a nerd, we have better toys!
martinae
SC Fan

Postby randiloveSC1 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:01 am

Yeah, I don't have the original files. I have the SC copy. I ran it through windows movie maker and it seemed to improve the quality a bit but didn't make it close to HD. I'll try to post up a couple of the "improved" videos at the end of the month so you can see. Those videos were made with a cassette tape in a camera.
randiloveSC1
Charm

Postby martinae » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:16 am

tape? That's using the way back machine! Good luck!
martinae
SC Fan

Postby FoxyRose » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:10 am

guywiththeshirt wrote:If you have the original files, depending on the issues you could resize/color/use frame blending on them etc. If not, you won't be able to do as much. If it wasn't originally shot in HD you can't make it truly HD.

I have Premiere and After Effects. If you want I could edit a sample of something for you to see what you think. Just worked on 2 videos for FoxyRose...she could probably confirm I'm a nerd. hahahaha

Yes he is and he does great work. Lol I do have more if you need some work. Hahahaha
Website- kinkyfoxyrose.com
Twitter- @foxyrosexxx
FoxyRose
Charm

Postby FoxyRose » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:12 am

martinae wrote:Can I ask what photo editing software people use? There are lots out there... I'd like to play around a bit more with my photography just curious as to what people use.

Guy- nothing wrong with being a nerd, we have better toys!

For photo editing I use Photoshop and Lightroom but I am a professional photographer and had to get when I got my degree. When we first started SC the first time back in 2007 we started with GIMP.
Website- kinkyfoxyrose.com
Twitter- @foxyrosexxx
FoxyRose
Charm

Postby martinae » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:14 am

cool, thanks, would love to talk to you more about that... but ill have to play around abit with it.
martinae
SC Fan

Postby randiloveSC1 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:33 am

guywiththeshirt wrote:If you have the original files, depending on the issues you could resize/color/use frame blending on them etc. If not, you won't be able to do as much. If it wasn't originally shot in HD you can't make it truly HD.

Ok, PM me and we'll see what we come up with.
randiloveSC1
Charm

Postby SandraSC2 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:00 am

Windows Movie Makes would be your safest and best bet, I have the same issue and I have re-encoded them using WMM! I hope that helps.
SandraSC2
Charm

Postby guywiththeshirt » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:58 pm

Sent a PM!
guywiththeshirt
SC Fan

Postby randiloveSC1 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:05 am

SandraSC2 wrote:Windows Movie Makes would be your safest and best bet, I have the same issue and I have re-encoded them using WMM! I hope that helps.

Does it improve the quality of the video a lot?
randiloveSC1
Charm

Postby GemmaG » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:50 am

The programs i use... All free or very inexpensive. Video pad. VSDC.. Adobe clip... Photoshop or gimpy. My biggest problem is lighting & video quality. I dont want to buy expensive equipment
VIsit my site at GemmaCharms.com
follow me on social media @PrincessMilf
GemmaG
Charm

Postby VixenSC2 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:17 pm

Cyberlink is very easy to use and has some good features, that's what I use. We also make HD long form 2 hour videos for youtube and its still quite fast with large files, I do all my SC videos with it too, its very quick and easy for short videos, highly recommended and worth the small cost if you are going to be using it a lot.
VixenSC2
Charm

Return to Off Topic