Cauliflower pizza crust

If it doesn't feel comfortable any place else, try slipping it in here.

Cauliflower pizza crust

Postby TheJackler » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:52 pm

I just had a cauliflower pizza crust flatbread this afternoon for the first time and it was soooo tasteless. Felt like I was eating dried toast. Anyone like it and why?
TheJackler
SC Fan

Re: Cauliflower pizza crust

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:28 pm

TheJackler wrote:I just had a cauliflower pizza crust flatbread this afternoon for the first time and it was soooo tasteless. Felt like I was eating dried toast. Anyone like it and why?

I've had them, several times. I get on these kicks to cut down carbs. They definitely don't have the WOW factor of pizza crust, but I don't mind them occasionally. Do I like it? I'm neutral. Everything with carbs tastes so much better, but.........the cauliflower stuff is ok if you wanna cut down the carbs.
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Postby TheJackler » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:23 am

SultrySerenaSC2 wrote:
TheJackler wrote:I just had a cauliflower pizza crust flatbread this afternoon for the first time and it was soooo tasteless. Felt like I was eating dried toast. Anyone like it and why?

I've had them, several times. I get on these kicks to cut down carbs. They definitely don't have the WOW factor of pizza crust, but I don't mind them occasionally. Do I like it? I'm neutral. Everything with carbs tastes so much better, but.........the cauliflower stuff is ok if you wanna cut down the carbs.

I felt the dry toast taste blocked out the taste of the toppings, so I’ll have to hard pass in the future. I’ll eat my cauliflower as intended in the future as I’m a big veggie eater anyway. Raw cauliflower with ranch dressing is bomb.
TheJackler
SC Fan

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:01 am

I’m with you on being a big veggie eater. I made some new polls yesterday in the “polls” section. One of the polls asks if you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be? I listed salad as a possible answer. That’s my choice

I know what you mean about the cauliflower pizza tasting so bland. One thing I noticed in the ones I eat is there’s no sauce!! I should admit that I’ve only tried the cauliflower crust mushroom and cheese pizza. I’m sure there’s others. Maybe they have sauce? Even so sounds like they are still kinda dull tasting.

Raw cauliflower? Ewwwwww. I don’t
Like that. I like mine steamed and soft. With butter sauce
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Return to Off Topic