Motorcycle Saftey Awareness..

If it doesn't feel comfortable any place else, try slipping it in here.

Re: Motorcycle Saftey Awareness..

Postby Bluesapphire SC1 » Wed May 08, 2013 8:55 am

I second all the above. I love riding my motorcycle and now I ride alone a lot of the times. So make sure you are looking out for me. I want to be around to ride a lot longer.
Bluesapphire SC1
SC Fan

Re: Motorcycle Saftey Awareness..

Postby blycmike » Wed May 15, 2013 12:24 pm

crazyivanSG wrote:May is Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month. Warmer weather means more motorcycles are hitting the roads. Please keep the following tips in mind while driving your car:

· Motorcyclists move around on the road. Anticipate their movements, particularly in the places where crashes are most likely to occur.

· Drive aware when you are on the road. Expect to see motorcycles, not just another car. Do not trust your mirrors because motorcycles can be hidden in your blind spot. Look over your shoulder.

· Give motorcycles the same space and respect you would give other vehicles. Always give them a full lane and do not follow too closely. Allow a two to three-second safety cushion and four to five seconds when road or weather conditions are bad.

· Be courteous. Let the motorcyclist know well in advance when you are planning to stop, turn or change lanes. Do not speed up when a motorcycle is passing you. Never cut in too closely after passing a motorcycle.

Well said. Thanks for taking the time to post this.
blycmike
SC Fan

Return to Off Topic