Sitting in an Earthship...

If it doesn't feel comfortable any place else, try slipping it in here.

Sitting in an Earthship...

Postby Eva SC2 » Tue May 07, 2013 8:14 pm

I'm on vacation in NM. Left Santa Fe this morning after a 5 day stay. (4 of which I was deathly ill because someone on the plane shared an extremely bad stomach flu with me. Yes, a hospital visit too, lucky me... :-( ) Currently in Taos, where I'm staying in an earthship. Very cool! The walls are made of glass bottles and concrete. Totally off grid, using rainwater for the house and all the plants in the house and garden. Just finished modeling a few sets for you guys. But you'll have to wait for the results! Next stop Jamez for some spa pampering with my sweetie. Hope you all are having a great week!
Eva SC2
Charm

Re: Sitting in an Earthship...

Postby Secretsarah SC4 » Wed May 08, 2013 1:55 pm

Wow I so got confused by the title , :-\

I thought it was going to be about Aliens or some weird dream you had had ! :P

Sounds like a cool place anyway xxx
Secretsarah SC4
SC Fan

Postby Italian Lace SC4 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:58 pm

That sounds like a really cool retreat, Eva! Can't wait to see the pics!
★ 3200+ Naughty Photo Sets ★ 850+ Steamy Videos ★
Italian Lace SC4
Charm

Postby Eva SC2 » Sun May 12, 2013 10:26 am

Wow do I feel relaxed. Home from New Mexico. Heres a teaser from the last leg of our vacation. A day at the spa soaking in mineral springs and getting rubbed down.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eva SC2
Charm

Postby Eva SC2 » Sun May 12, 2013 10:34 am

Secretsarah SC4 wrote:Wow I so got confused by the title , :-\

I thought it was going to be about Aliens or some weird dream you had had ! :P

Sounds like a cool place anyway xxx

It's funny you say that. When we were in Taos nearly every cow crossing sign had been tagged with a small spaceship above the cow. If you visit Taos, NM make sure you hike to Wheelers Peak. You can get there via ski valley.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eva SC2
Charm

Postby Eva SC2 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:56 am

And Friday's update is the first one inside the earthship.
Eva SC2
Charm

Postby MissAngeliqueSC3 » Thu May 16, 2013 3:23 pm

Eva,

Damion and I have been looking at staying in one of these for quite some time. What did you think? Was it a cool experience? When I was researching them, I saw that some have indoor gardens where you can actually gather fresh food for your meals which I would really love.

Just curious what you thought. :) Let me know which one you stayed in so when we DO go, I don't pick the same one. ;)

Kisses, :-*
Miss Angelique
MissAngeliqueSC3
SC Fan

Postby Eva SC2 » Fri May 17, 2013 11:07 am

We stayed at the one that was just for two people. But the Euro, and the Phoenix looked really nice. On the web site it says that the Single has herbs for cooking, but there was a rubber tree and flowers instead. So don't bet that the other houses for "food production" actually have edibles growing to filter the grey water. Or that the previous renter will not have eaten all the edibles. The refrigerator did not want to stay closed, and they don't check to replace cooking oil, but there is a full kitchen, some basic cooking needs like pots, pans, a knife, salt, pepper and a drinking water spigot(kitchen and bathroom for toothbrushing). Comfortable bed, not totally closed off from mice and bugs. I'd call it extremely extravagant camping that is into the recycling and composting you probably do at home. There IS something nice about the really thick tire and concrete walls embedded in the dirt. And the absence of electrical wires in the walls. Overall, staying there one night would have been enough. But they were near the hiking at Wheeler Peak I wanted to do. So, two days it was.
Eva SC2
Charm

Return to Off Topic