Scroll on

General SC Fan Discussions and Questions concerning the Southern Charms website.

Scroll on

Postby timboy » Thu May 31, 2012 1:50 pm

Scroll on, you rolling scrollbar.........

Do you guys stop to look at video ads etc, when you scroll and scroll and scroll, to get to the pic update?
timboy
SC Fan

Re: Scroll on

Postby Wendy Watkins SC2 » Thu May 31, 2012 5:02 pm

Are you saying you don't like the video links that people attach to photo updates? I loved being able to put them there! I always get more video sales on a day when I include links on updates. Some guys don't realize that most charms have videos for sale, too!
Wendy Watkins SC2
SC Fan

Postby RosiePieCharm » Thu May 31, 2012 6:51 pm

In the rules we aren't supposed to put more than three. I never put more than one because I feel like it looks tacky. No one probably does read that all! Putting one (in my opinion) makes the point that I have videos enough, I feel if someone wants to see more they'll click on my videos link. Also, I try to have the video similar (or as similar as I can) to the photo set so it keeps with the theme. :)
RosiePieCharm
SC Fan

Postby Wendy Watkins SC2 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:07 pm

The rules is that you can have 5, actually. Videos are still sort of new for SC in the grand scheme, so I think it's great to be able to have the links.
Wendy Watkins SC2
SC Fan

Postby gman36 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:21 pm

If there are too many video ads in an update, I scroll thhrough them. If there's a couple, I sometimes stop and read them. Depends on the model and the content of the videos being advertised.
gman36
SC Fan

Postby innesSC1 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:35 pm

I like to add a video (only one!!) if it relates to my update. Too many gets crowded.
innesSC1
SC Fan

Postby timboy » Thu May 31, 2012 9:05 pm

Of course we must have the video links. Just a question of where to put them. ;)
timboy
SC Fan

Postby Wendy Watkins SC2 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:49 pm

Ah, good point timboy. Maybe if they were put after the picture preview? That's actually a good idea. I wonder if there is a way to make that happen?
Wendy Watkins SC2
SC Fan

Postby RosiePieCharm » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:14 am

Hmm... Well I checked back into the manual and the rules say you can have 5 free video clips per update, meaning ones included in the photo set. But I couldn't find anything about video box links. I'm sure I read somewhere that we aren't supposed to use more than three but since I can't find it, oh well.

At any rate I wont ever have more than one video box in your way, timboy. And I hope you can forgive just the one. :D
RosiePieCharm
SC Fan

Postby CutsieSC2 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:11 am

RosiePieCharm wrote:Hmm... Well I checked back into the manual and the rules say you can have 5 free video clips per update, meaning ones included in the photo set. But I couldn't find anything about video box links. I'm sure I read somewhere that we aren't supposed to use more than three but since I can't find it, oh well.

At any rate I wont ever have more than one video box in your way, timboy. And I hope you can forgive just the one. :D

I don't think you will find it there... it was just told to us. :)

C~
Love,
Cutsie SC2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CutsieSC2
Charm

Postby RosiePieCharm » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:32 pm

CutsieSC2 wrote:I don't think you will find it there... it was just told to us. :)

C~

Oh! Thank you. :)
RosiePieCharm
SC Fan

Postby hook » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:50 pm

I look at every thing when I go to the update. All the video adds. All of it.
hook
SC Fan

Postby RosiePieCharm » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:32 pm

hook wrote:I look at every thing when I go to the update. All the video adds. All of it.

Is it better with more adds? Or if they keep with the theme? Or do you just like it all in general? Tips? :)
RosiePieCharm
SC Fan

Postby hook » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:40 pm

I just like it all. The charms put so much work in setting up there sites, the least we as fans can do is look at what they are offering. That's just how I feel, others will feel differnt.
hook
SC Fan

Postby RosiePieCharm » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Crystal Pink wrote:It's basically how the site is set up. It's very old HTML and while I know of ways of making things look more modern, the site itself is very old school. It works and I don't have a problem with it but it is a hindrance; sort of like having to click a pic then click back and click a new one.

I kinda like that it's more old school because it loads faster. I totally see what you mean though. I actually open pictures I want to see in a new tab (you can use the middle click on your mouse, or right click and open in a new window). There has been talk of people wanting to see a slideshow type thing which I'm totally for as long as it's an option and not on every page. :)
RosiePieCharm
SC Fan

Postby Sherri Blake » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:56 pm

I like the site, my videos are in their own tab but I love how some other Charms have their videos on the updates
Sherri Blake
Charm

Return to The Lobby (General SC Fan Topics)