Member-content discussion etiquette

General SC Fan Discussions and Questions concerning the Southern Charms website.

Member-content discussion etiquette

Postby bunwiffa » Tue May 08, 2012 9:55 am

This is a tricky subject, I guess. What are the forum rules and also the opinions of Charms and members here concerning open discussion about content within a Charm's member-section. To put it simply, like "spoilers" as to compare it with a film someone hasn't seen. Both positive and negative, so long as the one posting is polite and puts it in an objective way, respectful that everyone has different tastes, too. Obeying fundamental forum rules while doing it.

Is it wrong to describe, to any degree of detail, what a Charm may or may not have locked in her treasure chest? Both positive and negative? Or is this something best kept in PMs between members only? If yes, is it a rule and something to get banned over? Or do you think it's just not being much of a gentleman...
SC Fan

Re: Member-content discussion etiquette

Postby Xandusk » Tue May 08, 2012 11:26 am

I don't have a problem with my member's content being discussed, though the pictures can not be shown here. I think (and this is just my opinion) as long as it's discussed in a respectful way and not bashing anyone and we all stick to the free content images guidelines that there shouldn't be a problem. I know Gman does mention some of the members content in his jeans thread under the Fetish topic. I have not seen anyone complain about that yet.
Xandusk
Charm

Postby timboy » Tue May 08, 2012 5:20 pm

I believe that's what this forum is about - discuss the content of the SC site.
timboy
SC Fan

Postby RosiePieCharm » Tue May 08, 2012 6:22 pm

I don't think there is a rule against it at all. The most polite thing would be to ask the Charm if it's okay or simply delete your posts about them if she happens to complain or dislike it.

I am also alright with you talking about my stuff as long as no pictures or anything are posted from my members area. :)
RosiePieCharm
SC Fan

Postby Sherri Blake » Tue May 08, 2012 7:45 pm

Xandusk wrote:I don't have a problem with my member's content being discussed, though the pictures can not be shown here. I think (and this is just my opinion) as long as it's discussed in a respectful way and not bashing anyone and we all stick to the free content images guidelines that there shouldn't be a problem. I know Gman does mention some of the members content in his jeans thread under the Fetish topic. I have not seen anyone complain about that yet.

Have to agree
Sherri Blake
Charm

Postby AGFApan » Thu May 10, 2012 1:08 pm

Perhaps I'm missing it, but one thing I haven't seen here are any board guidelines. True, normally most people don't read them but they do give some structure.
AGFApan
SC Fan

Postby Xandusk » Thu May 10, 2012 1:14 pm

AGFApan wrote:Perhaps I'm missing it, but one thing I haven't seen here are any board guidelines. True, normally most people don't read them but they do give some structure.

I really wish we would have some too. But the basics really are simple, there is no age verification so things have to be posted with that in mind. Attacking anyone isn't fair and will probably get a bunch of people jumping all over your post.
Spam is a nono and will get you banned.
Everything posted must be legal.
Xandusk
Charm

Postby bunwiffa » Thu May 10, 2012 2:07 pm

Thanks for the opinions. I definitely get that it's not okay to post member-only content. I wouldn't even post free content without first asking the Charm if it's okay with her, I would feel rude. The point is, instead of posting such member-content pics, one might use a very detailed decription about certain photos or entire issues that the Charm might object to, even if it's put in a very polite and objective way. It may be just as wrong to say "she puts a this up her that" as "she doesn't do anything remotely like that at all".
SC Fan

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Sat May 12, 2012 8:13 am

bunwiffa wrote:This is a tricky subject, I guess. What are the forum rules and also the opinions of Charms and members here concerning open discussion about content within a Charm's member-section. To put it simply, like "spoilers" as to compare it with a film someone hasn't seen. Both positive and negative, so long as the one posting is polite and puts it in an objective way, respectful that everyone has different tastes, too. Obeying fundamental forum rules while doing it.

Is it wrong to describe, to any degree of detail, what a Charm may or may not have locked in her treasure chest? Both positive and negative? Or is this something best kept in PMs between members only? If yes, is it a rule and something to get banned over? Or do you think it's just not being much of a gentleman...

Personally I don't mind if my club content is discussed here, there or anywhere. I think it's a natural curiosity for guys to wonder about any charm "what she has on her club side"
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Return to The Lobby (General SC Fan Topics)