Dirty Talking

General SC Fan Discussions and Questions concerning the Southern Charms website.

Dirty Talking

Postby hd69 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:25 am

One of my favourite Charms recently changed the style of her photo set descriptions from sexy and subtle to foul mouthed and filthy. I'm not going to say who it is but she's been on SC for years.

The photos are unchanged but I find her new style of sweary OTT "dirty talk" in the descriptions a complete and total turn-off, and just can't get aroused by her any more. It has the effect of taking a cold shower.

Now I'm not making any critisisms here, but I did wonder what other Charms and fans feelings were on this. Does the wrong kind of dirty talk just totally kill the feeling for you?
hd69
SC Fan

Re: Dirty Talking

Postby Italian Lace SC4 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:11 am

I feel like this is a case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't." A lot of fans REQUEST the dirty talk, the dirtier the better, and some of them do get off on that. I think its just a matter of personal taste.

Also, Charms are encouraged to add text to their updates because keywords make their pages pop up when customers use the text search function on the main page, so it could be that the Charm is trying to use more dirty keywords to draw in more traffic. If a Charm changes anything about the style she's using, it is mostly likely because she is trying something new to get more sales because she doesn't feel like what she's currently doing is working. I can't fault her for that... I'd rather see a Charm try something new when sales are down, than just quit altogether.

Have you tried emailing that Charm to let her know how you feel? I can't promise it will make her change back, she could have lots of positive feedback for the new dirty talk, but you never know. Charms DO like feedback from their fans, ESPECIALLY if you are a paying member of her site.

Anyway, if you really like this Charm, my guess is you really liked her for her pictures to begin with. Have you tried just skipping the text and heading down to the photos? She's still the same sexy girl! A lot of fans don't read the text at all.

If you'd like more feedback, this might be a good topic for a poll. When you create a new topic there is an option for "poll creation" at the bottom, if that interests you :)

XOXO,
Lace
★ 3200+ Naughty Photo Sets ★ 850+ Steamy Videos ★
Italian Lace SC4
Charm

Postby Jeremy » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:43 pm

Yeah, I also like seeing text in updates. I think it "sets the table" for what you're about to see. If it's a little dirty, then so be it. It's an adult website, after all.
Do not purchase anything from Ashton Lincoln.
Jeremy
SC Fan

Postby Staples » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:26 am

I go back and forth. As a cam girl I've been tagged as "the dirty talk queen" but in text it sometimes comes out sounding awkward so I play around with my text a lot. Sometimes I tell a story and sometimes I just describe the set but I always try to sound sexy. Some guys find filthy dirty talk sexy and other guys find more subtle teasing sexy so I try to do a mixture of both!
Join today! http://www.southern-charms3.com/staples/main.htm Five updates a week!
Staples
Charm

Postby ZoeyAngelesSC3 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:36 pm

Great topic, made me think about the tone of my text. Mind if I steal your idea and make a poll? :)
Visit my site at http://www.southern-charms3.com/zoeyangeles/main.htm
And tell me what you think at zoeyangelesSC3@gmail.com
Follow me on twitter for up-to-the-minute updates, slutty selfies, freebies, and contests! https://twitter.com/ZoeyAngeles1
ZoeyAngelesSC3
Charm

Postby hd69 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:47 am

Some interesting comments here and thanks to the Charms who took time to leave replies.

I haven't emailed the Charm in question and told her as it would inevitably come across badly and I didn' think there was much point. She had previously written her photo set descriptions in quite a personal way, each one was individual and the sexiness wasn't forced or crude, it was natural. I always liked this and for me it was a part of the photo set. In other words I enjoyed visiting the site as a whole, not just the photos.

Anyway now it's just crude to the extreme and written in a fairly generic way. I stuck with it for a few months but it just isn't the same and I simply don't enjoy the site anymore. She's like a completely different person now and looking at the photos just doesn't feel the same. It's a total turn-off so time to move on and find a new Charm to enjoy.

I don't actually mind dirty talk at all, but sexy and subtle every time. The elegant lady with class always wins me over the slutty trashy skank any day.

Each to their own of course, but for the Charms I would of thought that suddenly changing from one extreme to the other is probably a good way to lose a good chunk of your fanbase.
hd69
SC Fan

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:21 am

That's the good thing about Southern Charms, there is a wide variety of sexy ladies to choose from.
I personally have a hard time "talking" dirty, it doesn't come across naturally for me. I prefer to hint and "suggest" things more so and to be playful. But I know sometimes you have to experiment to find what works for you and this may be what she was doing.
Anyways, sorry to hear that what she was doing no longer was to your liking but with so many to choose from, I'm sure you'll be able to find another charm who suits your desires.
Wish you the best.
;)
Playful Cougar SC4
Charm

Postby hd69 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:47 am

Thank you for that, I've been a fan for many years so it's a shame although the old photos of her are still nice to look at. But it's time to make a change and you're right there is plenty of choice on SC - without meaning to sound like I'm looking for a used car.

I've got to say that playful hints and suggestion always work for me. I think that dirty talking is something that you either feel comfortable with or don't. Getting it right can be very satisfying whereas getting it wrong can be somewhere between hilarious or just plain terrible.
hd69
SC Fan

Postby Alexus Lin SC1 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:18 pm

Hi, I have written text in my sets since I became a charm 13 and 1/2 years ago.
I write short stories, and I try to make them sound hot and sexy. Now and then I add
some dirty talk and a hot erotic story. Other times describing what I am wearing and what
kind of photos and videos to expect in the set. I also put how many photos in the set and how many vids.
I get compliments on my text and some fans tell me they do not read text. Actually by not reading
it can be a loss, because the story does add more perk and excitement.
Hugs all, Alexus Lin
My Site - http://www.southern-charms.com/alexuslin/photos.htm
My Videos - http://videos.southern-charms.com/frontend.php?sc_volume=1&model=alexuslin
Hugs & Kisses, Alexus Lin
Over 2346 Updates, Bonus Sets, Over 250 thousand Photos, Hundreds of Video Clips, 100+ Videos and more.
Alexus Lin SC1
SC Fan

Return to The Lobby (General SC Fan Topics)