Site Improving Fan Suggestions Every Charm Should Read!

General SC Fan Discussions and Questions concerning the Southern Charms website.

Site Improving Fan Suggestions Every Charm Should Read!

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:05 pm

I'm always coming across posts from our amazing fans that I feel could be very beneficial to charms. So I'm starting this thread so that they can be "quoted" them here, where they can easily be found.
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Re: Site Improving Fan Suggestions Every Charm Should Read!

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:07 pm

Christo wrote:There are a few things that make it more likely that I'd become a member, outside of how attractive I think the Charm is. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and there have been ladies here who I found diabolically sexy that other guys might not be interested in. Different strokes for different folks and all that. But there are a few qualities that make it more likely that I'd join a Charm's site:

Number of Updates: This is an obvious one, but it stands to reason that joining a Charm with 100 (or 1000) updates is a more attractive proposition than one with 10. That does set up something of a Catch-22 for new Charms--when you start out you don't have many sets, so it's less likely that people will join, which may make the Charm think twice about investing time in posting more updates. When a new Charm debuts who I think it absolutely gorgeous, I always send her an email telling her so. I make sure she knows that she has fans out there, that her photos are great, and that her fans appreciate the fact that she's sharing her great beauty with us. I might not join right away, but I want her to know that she's not posting her photos into the void.

Fill out your bio:
I don't understand Charms who don't fill out their bios and FAQs! This is a great opportunity to tell us about yourself, show some of your personality, and get your fans to connect with you on a more personal level. You don't have to tell us every last detail of your life, but helping us fill in the blanks about the woman we're all slavering over makes you even more alluring!

And here's the other thing--you can MAKE IT ALL UP! Do you want to project the air of a femme fatale maneater when in fact you're a bit of an introvert? Go for it! Have fun with the information you share with your fans, even if (especially if) it's pure fiction.

Photography: When I look at photos of Charms past, it's AMAZING how far digital photography has advanced. Fifteen years ago photos were often grainy and videos were short and of dubious quality. Today just about every smartphone has a better camera than expensive DSLR's were back in 2004. So I do appreciate Charms who's photos are of higher quality. Not just the quality of the image, but the quality of the composition, lighting, background, etc. There are some good intro to photography books that could improve the quality of some Charms' sites just by letting them know how to take advantage of the cameras they're already using and today's software (much of it either inexpensive or free). You don't need to spend an hour in Photoshop on every pic, but a little tweaking can go a long way.

Post a Great Profile Image:
Speaking of photography, maybe the MOST important decision a Charm makes is what photo she chooses for her thumbmail profile pic that appears in all the listings. This is the only way that the vast majority of people are going to find out what you look like. So make sure it's a GREAT PHOTO! One that makes a potential fan stop and say, "Whoa, who is that GODDESS walking among we mere mortals? I must bow down and worship her."

The profile pic should show you in your best possible light. If you're a BBW you may want a full body shot showing off your curves. If you're a blonde bombshell, wear a bikini and a coy expression. If you have a strikingly pretty face, it's time for a close-up! And if you cater to a particular fetish, post a photo that lets aficionados of that particular kink that they simply HAVE to check out your site.

I can't tell you how many Charms I've ignored, sometimes for years, because their profile pic was a wide shot of their back (why, why?) or a terribly unflattering head shot. And then they change their pic or I check them out for some reason and I'm like, "Whoa, she's gorgeous!" That shouldn't happen, ever. Put up a profile pic that you love, and shows your beauty in it's best possible light.

Smile: This one is more problematic for me. I like to think that every Charm is doing this purely because she wants to show off her beauty and likes to flirt and bask in the attention of the thousands of men out there who are her devoted fans. But I'm sure there are some who pose to make money, and I think its selfish for me (or any fan) to come with an attitude like, "Why don't you smile more?" No one asks me to smile at my job, so it seems patronizing to ask that of others. Especially when they're taking their clothes off. But I feel more comfortable enjoying photos from Charms who seem to be enjoying themselves as well.

OK, reading this over now it seems a little preachy. But I've been an SC fan for 20 years now (yikes) and I've been a member of, like, LOTS of Charms. Plus I work in marketing so stuff like this is how I earn my weekly envelope. I know a little of which I speak. And I certainly want every Charm to have the best chance to appeal to the maximum number of fans and members.

From this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31109
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Re: Site Improving Fan Suggestions Every Charm Should Read!

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:56 am

dogslife4me2003 wrote:Three pictures is not enough to get an idea of where the photo shoot is headed, unless there is more than one person in it. If it's a dude, I am thinking vaginal penetration. If another woman, it seems to be more the wild card because I have seen sexy but benign post, and I have seen some full on face-squashing and other surprises.

As a fan, I like more than five because it generally paints the mood and environment better. I also know that people are harvesting your pictures, so you don't want to put out more than you feel like giving out for free, so I get the question of balance of interest vs. why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free. Outdoor shots I usually expect to stay out doors. Swimming pool shots, indoor shots, bedroom shots, bathroom shots, etc., I generally think they follow suite. If I see a bunch of different settings and environment, I think they are doing a round-up montage, and for me that is of no added value and those are the ones I don't click on nor make me want to subscribe, especially if I see a bunch of them as I go through your previous post. That has unfortunately been a good indicator of how often you update, and how much you recycle in the past (I get it, it takes time and coordination to make new post, I'm not being just a critic, but trying to give feedback). There is a charm who has not been posting for a while that all she did was staircase photos for almost a year. As much as I enjoyed her post, It got old and i had a feeling the end was in sight and it didn't seem fun for her in the photos. Not that I don't appreciate that it was probably the only time she had to crank out a shoot, but if you notice that you are in an...shall we say, unconventional location and not a place where sex occurs for most people, it's not really interesting some of your fans. Bedroom shots are always safe. Bathroom shots too. Outdoors, in pools, in Meadows (no pun intended Wendy!), etc., are great every now and again. Parked cars are fun, all that stuff. This is of course just my $0.02.
When people have under 20 post and they are new, I won't subscribe either, I want to see that they are not going to stop posting and I'll have wasted my money. That has happened more than once.

I have been some of you lovely ladies dedicated fans at one time. I am in the military, so normally on deployment I subscribe longer, depending on internet access and connectivity.

From a post here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35531
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Return to The Lobby (General SC Fan Topics)