Amusement Park Recognization

General SC Fan Discussions and Questions concerning the Southern Charms website.

Amusement Park Recognization

Postby wendymeadowssc2 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:19 pm

I live in the DC/MD/VA area and there are a lot of people out and about. I have never been approached and recognized in public here. When I lived in Florida it happened a few times. I have had people here who look at me like they recognize me but never really had anyone approach me. Until yesterday. Lucky for me, he was super respectful about it also.

Yesterday, we went to a local amusement park with our kid. My husband is a disabled veteran and has a service dog who also accompanied us. It was passholder's preview day, so only annual passholders were at the park. You start seeing the same people all day long. And with us, we are pretty much stand out with a black service dog walking with us. We had already been approached multiple times to ask about the service dog. People are curious and when they ask respectfully, we talk to them and give them some insight into what the dog does for my husband. Well, our kid wanted to ride a kid's ride in the kid's area and it had a long line so we sent him to wait in line while we went over to some nearby tables to watch the line and wait for him. This man comes up and asks if he can ask us a question. Well, we figured it was another service dog question and my husband said sure. The man asked me if my name was Wendy. I told him it was and he said he told his girlfriend several times today that he thought he saw me. I thanked him for not coming up when the kid was with us and he said he was with his girlfriend's kids as well and wouldn't have done that. But when he saw that we were alone while she took them to the bathroom, he took the opportunity to ask. It was a great polite exchange.

Here is a photo of me and Mr. Meadows yesterday as we were sitting wait for the kid in another line. We like the kid's area because we can rest while he rides giving us a break for the drive home. We live 2 hours away from the park.
wendymeadowssc2
Charm

Re: Amusement Park Recognization

Postby wendymeadowssc2 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:20 pm

It didn't save the photo to the original post. Here it is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wendymeadowssc2
Charm

Postby Dear Em SC1 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:19 pm

Sounds like a perfect encounter. I have noticed a couple of double takes in the last 12 years as a charm and had one person very nervously tell me that I looked familiar but I think he was more nervous than I.

Lovely picture of you and my thanks to your husband for his service.
Dear Em SC1
Charm

Postby wendymeadowssc2 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:36 pm

It really was a good encounter. Of course, no lie, if he had come up and asked in front of my kid, I would have told him he had me confused with someone else. But he didn't and was super respectful. He and my husband had a good laugh.
wendymeadowssc2
Charm

Postby vanillacreamSC1 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:19 pm

Super cool! I wouldn't know what to say/do if someone recognized me in the "real world". I thought there was someone who did, but it turned out to be a guy who was just trying to hit on me, lol.

I would totally be nice and cordial but I would make it clear, if needed, that my presence in SC for entertainment purposes ONLY ;;) ;;)
vanillacreamSC1
Charm

Postby WyomingWyntersSC1 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:41 pm

cool! xoxo
WyomingWyntersSC1
SC Fan

Postby CrumblingPerv » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:39 am

Glad that it was a positive experience. Kudos to him for being mindful of your circumstances. Good to see some old fashioned courtesy. Very cute picture of the both of you.
CrumblingPerv
SC Fan

Postby Anna Moore » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:30 am

I agree with Dear Em.... Lovely photo of you and your husband and thank him for his service.

Wonderful that you met a respectable fan.

Anna

@AnnaMooreSC
Goddess Anna Moore
Twitter @AnnaMooreSC
Anna Moore
SC Fan

Postby Italian Lace SC4 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:14 pm

What a flattering experience! It's so nice that he was respectful and cool about it. For most of us, what we do on SC is our dirty little secret, our private life. It's good to know that fans remember and respect that.
★ 3150+ Naughty Photo Sets ★ 850+ Steamy Videos ★
Italian Lace SC4
Charm

Postby loke693 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:51 pm

I once recognized a Charm at a local big box store. The interesting thing is that she is not from this city, but was visiting. I didn’t say anything to her as she was with someone, but when I got home later that day, I sent and email and asked if she was in this store today about the time I saw her. She said she was and that I should have spoke, but I’m not that kind of guy!!!

Loke
loke693
SC Fan

Postby RavenCharm » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:51 am

Lovely post x
RavenCharm
Charm

Return to The Lobby (General SC Fan Topics)