Staff Pics, what is going on?

General SC Fan Discussions and Questions concerning the Southern Charms website.

Staff Pics, what is going on?

Postby JeepFun » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:10 pm

I'm sorry but I have to vent! Southern-Charms what are the NEW qualifications to make staff pics?

I have seen a lot of poor updates posted on "Staff Pics" lately, what happened? After a hard day of work, there's nothing better then to look at (all the beautiful ladies) who updated today.
Then follow up with who made "Staff pics" what a treat that was ( This is where the "OMG effect" came to play = get my credit card out!). Now this is what I find on Staff Pics;

1. The model updates with multiple photo updates day after day with the same outfit, or vacuuming, sitting on a bed, ect......
2. Poor quality of photos (blurred pictures).
3. Selfies
4. 3 free pics of of the same pose.

**Now there is a lot of models on "staff pic" that do belong, no question about that! SC I do see a pattern going on here, also I can remember when "staff pics" meant something.

A unhappy fan,
JeepFun
JeepFun
SC Fan

Re: Staff Pics, what is going on?

Postby Anna Moore » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:19 pm

From a charms perspective, I would have to agree with you. I used to make staff pics often, and still do to some extent, but it used to be a joy to go and look every day to see if I actually "made the cut", but now, I don't even look because I see some that don't even have the charm in the pic, I see the same pose, or very very similar. I cannot believe with the amount of charms updating on any given day, that there are not better options out there for staff pics. I see some charms who make it almost every single day and although great for that charm, they need to share the love with some of the other charms who are actually TRYING and do a good job.

Personally, I choose VERY carefully the first 3 pics of each update so that IF IF IF I make staff pics, than those looking at them will actually enjoy the sneak peek!

Hoping to see some improvements in this area as well JeepFun.

Kisses all over,
Anna Moore
Goddess Anna Moore
Twitter @AnnaMooreSC
Anna Moore
SC Fan

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:42 pm

I'm flattered when I hear I've been on staff picks. I think that all of charms get a special kick out of being "chosen" to be in that coveted spot on the site. :-)
Last edited by SultrySerenaSC2 on Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Postby DDDVIOAUS » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:13 am

I have to agree with the Sultry one. Some guys and gals would look at "Staff Picks" as the best of the best. Which is only based on what a certain staff member or members prefer. We are not even privy to what their criteria might be in deciding. I take the picks with a grain of salt and use my own judgement. Southern Charms gives me a full 24 hours to look at all the updates, and I can find and decide what I think is the best. I value the update preview much more than staff picks. On today's update I have so far looked at 86 of the updates. How many of you back in the day went in a video store, looked at the "staff picks", and thought, yeah I gonna trust what "Stan" or Clyde" thinks?
DDDVIOAUS
SC Fan

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:10 pm

DDDVIOAUS wrote: How many of you back in the day went in a video store, looked at the "staff picks", and thought, yeah I gonna trust what "Stan" or Clyde" thinks?

I know just what you mean...…….I usually read the reviews on upcoming movies. And if the critics hate it then I know I'm probably gonna love it! :d :d

So then again, it just shows that staff picks is just another person's opinion. I love that it was recently made longer, so that more charms have a chance to be in that slot every day. And since I don't claim to have some degree in business, nor any experience in running a business, my opinion is just my opinion. SC has made so many exciting changes this past year. The larger previews, the redesigned main page, the ability for charms to post animated gifs in the logo slots, etc etc. That's why I still find it to be exciting, even after being a charm for 15 years. It's always something new, different. And it's NEVER boring :-)
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Postby JeepFun » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:00 pm

Thank you to Anna Moore, Sultry Serena, and DDDVIOUS for responding to my post.

I think you may have misunderstood my intent of my post, I wanted to bring attention to the standards that go along with the selection process for “Staff Pic”. A good example (Please refer to Sultry Serena post in > What do you look for in becoming a member of our site)

Re: What do you look for in becoming a member of our sites

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:52 am
Ok, I'm not a member of any charms sites, and I can't say what guys would want in order to join as the whole men are from mars, women are from venus type of difference thing :d

But I can say that IF I were a guy and were going to buy memberships, I think that what would be important to me is:
[*]Has the look I like
[*]Regular updating, at least 1-2 times a week
[*]Good quality photos
[*]Various Facial expressions - not same look, different pose type of thing
[*]Kinkyness - loves to experiment with new things, even if they seem silly to some
[*]Organized background, not messy and cluttered.
[*]Communication from the charm, either by email or through her text

I don't think the number of updates would affect my decision to join. A charm could have 25 updates and I would probably join at least for a month to check her out.

I agree with these standards for choosing a model, why is this not the same important standards for “Staff Pics”?

[*]Good quality photos
[*]Various Facial expressions - not same look, different pose type of thing
[*]Kinkyness - loves to experiment with new things, even if they seem silly to some
[*]Organized background, not messy and cluttered.

Once again, I often see the following on “Staff Pics”;
1. The model updates with multiple photo updates day after day with the same outfit, or vacuuming, sitting on a bed, ect......
2. Poor quality of photos (blurred pictures).
3. Selfies
4. 3 free pics of the same pose.

I’m truly sorry if I have offended anyone on the purpose of “Staff Pics” in general, on how, or who are selected, once again this was not my intent. Done let's move on to another subject! :-)
Thank you Mrs, Sultry Serena For all you do! :YMHUG:

JeepFun
JeepFun
SC Fan

Postby DDDVIOAUS » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:37 pm

I understand your POV on 'Staff Pics", thought I am not sure that there are any "standards" as you suggest for the contributors. I long ago stopped looking at the "Staff Pics" , for I often disagreed with some they chose and wonder why they omitted some I thought were out of this world. I think it in addition to being staff picks of the days updates, it also used as a way to highlight all the charms, and get the viewer to look at other charms they might normally not and not a synopsis of the days best shoots. I know the "Update Preview" has done this for me. I have added several charms to my favorites, by being able to see a preview.

No need to apologize for your opinions. It is always great knowing how other people think and feel...
DDDVIOAUS
SC Fan

Postby sweetsexymama » Thu May 02, 2019 7:19 pm

From when I first started to current it seemed like staff pics changed more. Just an opinion.
sweetsexymama
Charm

Postby mrsleatherSC3 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:06 am

I must admit I have been wondering if there is an element of automation being used in selecting staff pics.
Enjoy Some Leather Love

mrsleatherSC3
Charm

Postby vanillacreamSC1 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:58 pm

Interesting! I didn't even know that being a "staff pics" might be something that wasn't an actual "staff pics" chosen by the staff. Wouldn't if be great if there was a way to be on the 1st page as part of a contest?
vanillacreamSC1
Charm

Postby DDDVIOAUS » Tue May 21, 2019 9:15 am

Having had time to think about this, I find in my mind at least, "Staff Pics", isn't actually a contest to pick one set of photos over the other. That would be in a way promoting certain charms over others, which isn't the ideal you want to be sharing with your charms( think employees ). I remember back when there wasn't a SC 1,2,3 or 4. Back when the updates were alphabetical and always started with A, ended with Z and the never rotated. You had to scroll down to find someone you liked. This way, while no longer new anymore is certainly fair.
DDDVIOAUS
SC Fan

Postby Italian Lace SC4 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:25 am

I think it is important to point out that the staff picks the Staff Picks updates based on the entire update, not what is in the free section, and certainly not based on just the first three photos.
★ 3150+ Naughty Photo Sets ★ 850+ Steamy Videos ★
Italian Lace SC4
Charm

Postby DDDVIOAUS » Wed May 22, 2019 2:32 pm

Italian Lace SC4 wrote:I think it is important to point out that the staff picks the Staff Picks updates based on the entire update, not what is in the free section, and certainly not based on just the first three photos.

If this is the case, it would call into question as to what criteria they use. Charm A gets picked one day, and has a subpar set, by any photographic standards, the days later has an awesome set, that blows any other away, and isnt chosen.
DDDVIOAUS
SC Fan

Postby cougarjulesSC4 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:09 pm

I’m glad I found this thread as I had been wondering some of the same things about staff picks. For a while I checked every day and was excited to be found there but when I consistently didn’t ‘make the cut’ I just quit looking.
cougarjulesSC4
Charm

Postby Ashlyn Murphy » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:08 am

Same girls, ALLLLLLLL the time. Boring. Next.
Ashlyn Murphy
Charm

Postby ticklememelli » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:37 pm

I am a little confused as to how the same charms make it day after day. I have had some poor updates and some stellar ones. I've made it once, but not for some time now. I am trying different things and hoping to make it to the list again. I do find it as an honor when and if I can make it!
Hugz n Kisses
Melli
http://www.ticklememelli.com
ticklememelli@gmail.com
Tweet @ticklememellisc3
ticklememelli
SC Fan

Postby Ms Frolicker » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:34 pm

ticklememelli wrote:I am a little confused as to how the same charms make it day after day. I have had some poor updates and some stellar ones. I've made it once, but not for some time now. I am trying different things and hoping to make it to the list again. I do find it as an honor when and if I can make it!

Don't quote me on this, but I think once you make staff pics, you stay on the list as long as you post daily. If you pause in updating, you fall off the list. I can see why they do this, it's a reward to the charms that are updating regularly and have good content. You'll also see charms that return from a lengthy hiatus added to the staff pic list to get them some exposure. I wouldn't worry about not getting on the list often. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to be on, but I think having consistently good free content goes a long way in getting everyone's attention and your pictures are great. In the grand scheme of things I think the preview page generates more traffic than staff pics.

Since the preview pages show 2 updates at a time, I think it's important have a noticeable change in style between two adjacent updates. So even if you shoot two completely different outfits in the same hotel room, you might not want to post them back to back. Keep it fresh, mix it up, show some skin, and have a really dynamite first three pics, since those are the photos that show in the preview. I organize most of the photos in my updates chronologically, but not the first three. If I have nudity in an update I make sure there's a photo with nudity in the first three and often my best free image is right there as the first pic.
Ms Frolicker
Charm

Postby FoxyRose » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:46 am

Ms Frolicker wrote:
ticklememelli wrote:I am a little confused as to how the same charms make it day after day. I have had some poor updates and some stellar ones. I've made it once, but not for some time now. I am trying different things and hoping to make it to the list again. I do find it as an honor when and if I can make it!

Don't quote me on this, but I think once you make staff pics, you stay on the list as long as you post daily. If you pause in updating, you fall off the list. I can see why they do this, it's a reward to the charms that are updating regularly and have good content. You'll also see charms that return from a lengthy hiatus added to the staff pic list to get them some exposure. I wouldn't worry about not getting on the list often. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to be on, but I think having consistently good free content goes a long way in getting everyone's attention and your pictures are great. In the grand scheme of things I think the preview page generates more traffic than staff pics.

Since the preview pages show 2 updates at a time, I think it's important have a noticeable change in style between two adjacent updates. So even if you shoot two completely different outfits in the same hotel room, you might not want to post them back to back. Keep it fresh, mix it up, show some skin, and have a really dynamite first three pics, since those are the photos that show in the preview. I organize most of the photos in my updates chronologically, but not the first three. If I have nudity in an update I make sure there's a photo with nudity in the first three and often my best free image is right there as the first pic.

Yes I have had fans say they don’t even look at staff pics any more. They go to update preview instead. They don’t like seeing the same people on there with poor updates.
Website- kinkyfoxyrose.com
Twitter- @foxyrosexxx
FoxyRose
Charm

Postby wendymeadowssc2 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:24 pm

I guess I will jump in as a Charm that gets stuck on the loop. To keep up with the demand in the industry, I update 5 times a week. Yes, that means we take a crap ton of photos and work my site hard. But are all the updates amazing and deserve staff pics? Probably not. I also have a lot of fans who like my blooper sets and I throw one in about once a month.

So, around March I fell on staff pics and stayed there for nearly 4 months. I went on vacation noticed my update didn't go up but it was after they had already updated the main site so it didn't go up til later and I fell off of staff pics. I watched it cycle through several other Charms in the alphabet as I was updating still every day and finally fell on me and I got stuck on it again for a couple months.

Before this happened I was working on trying to figure it out. I honestly think that it may be a computer algorithm like Charm of the Hour but it may get "stuck" on one charm if she updates daily.

And that is my conspiracy theory of the day.
wendymeadowssc2
Charm

Postby AmberSC3 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:04 am

wendymeadowssc2 wrote:
And that is my conspiracy theory of the day.

Totally aside from the glitches (or whatever) in the Staff Pics,
I just about spit out my coffee when I was reading this reply!
Thank you sexy Wendy for my morning laugh!
Hugs,
Amber :YMHUG:
AmberSC3
Charm

Next

Return to The Lobby (General SC Fan Topics)