Staff Pics, what is going on?

General SC Fan Discussions and Questions concerning the Southern Charms website.

Re: Staff Pics, what is going on?

Postby EmeraldmarieSC2 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:16 pm

I actually thought the staff pics are randomly rotated.
EmeraldmarieSC2
Charm

Postby JeepFun » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:00 pm

Ms Frolicker wrote:
ticklememelli wrote:I am a little confused as to how the same charms make it day after day. I have had some poor updates and some stellar ones. I've made it once, but not for some time now. I am trying different things and hoping to make it to the list again. I do find it as an honor when and if I can make it!

Don't quote me on this, but I think once you make staff pics, you stay on the list as long as you post daily. If you pause in updating, you fall off the list. I can see why they do this, it's a reward to the charms that are updating regularly and have good content. You'll also see charms that return from a lengthy hiatus added to the staff pic list to get them some exposure. I wouldn't worry about not getting on the list often. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to be on, but I think having consistently good free content goes a long way in getting everyone's attention and your pictures are great. In the grand scheme of things I think the preview page generates more traffic than staff pics.

Since the preview pages show 2 updates at a time, I think it's important have a noticeable change in style between two adjacent updates. So even if you shoot two completely different outfits in the same hotel room, you might not want to post them back to back. Keep it fresh, mix it up, show some skin, and have a really dynamite first three pics, since those are the photos that show in the preview. I organize most of the photos in my updates chronologically, but not the first three. If I have nudity in an update I make sure there's a photo with nudity in the first three and often my best free image is right there as the first pic.

I'm guessing "Staff Pics" isn't for the fans anymore, it's a reward for Charms that update 5 times a week? Dang I have been looking at this the wrong way for years :d Thank you for clarifying!

JeepFun
JeepFun
SC Fan

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:42 pm

Guest wrote:I've really been wondering about this myself. I've gotten staff pick before and wasn't really sure what stood out for that set that helped me make the list. Now I am wondering if it's like Wendy said. An algorithm of sorts. This definitely has got me thinking and wanting to pay more attention to how we make the list.

Why don't you register under your charm name instead of guest?
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Postby cougarjulesSC4 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:03 am

Wendy, that’s as good an explanation as I have seen so far!
cougarjulesSC4
Charm

Postby wendymeadowssc2 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:19 pm

cougarjulesSC4 wrote:Wendy, that’s as good an explanation as I have seen so far!

I have spent a ridiculous amount of time tracking it and how often the models update that are on it and how they fall in the line of models who updated that day based on who updated the day the before and who was on staff picks the day before. I gave up around August tracking because I realized it was engulfing way too much time and energy.
wendymeadowssc2
Charm

Postby KaliGold » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:06 pm

I have to admit as a newer charm it is disheartening to see basically the same women daily on Staff Pics. I got interested in SC in June and have seen about half the women on the Staff pics daily. It would be great to start seeing a variety of beautiful women. Just my two cents. I have been on staff pick before and I am always grateful.

Kali Gold :X
KaliGold
SC Fan

Postby AutumnthomasxxxSC4 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:28 pm

SultrySerenaSC2 wrote:I'm flattered when I hear I've been on staff picks. I think that all of charms get a special kick out of being "chosen" to be in that coveted spot on the site. :-)

Yes i enjoy being picked from time to time
AutumnthomasxxxSC4
SC Fan

Postby sinfullysxyoneSC2 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:09 am

wendymeadowssc2 wrote:I guess I will jump in as a Charm that gets stuck on the loop. To keep up with the demand in the industry, I update 5 times a week. Yes, that means we take a crap ton of photos and work my site hard. But are all the updates amazing and deserve staff pics? Probably not. I also have a lot of fans who like my blooper sets and I throw one in about once a month.

So, around March I fell on staff pics and stayed there for nearly 4 months. I went on vacation noticed my update didn't go up but it was after they had already updated the main site so it didn't go up til later and I fell off of staff pics. I watched it cycle through several other Charms in the alphabet as I was updating still every day and finally fell on me and I got stuck on it again for a couple months.

Before this happened I was working on trying to figure it out. I honestly think that it may be a computer algorithm like Charm of the Hour but it may get "stuck" on one charm if she updates daily.

And that is my conspiracy theory of the day.

Wendy, I like your explanation as I wondered about this also. I've notice this year staff pics being different. I spent 3 weeks everyday on staff pics and wondered how this happened as before I rarely made staff pics. Since then I have had multiple times where I was on staff pics back to back days as long as I had back to back updates. If I missed a day for an update then I would notice that I would not be on staff pics for a little while until "I guess the next go around". I try to update every day but with working retail and putting in over 50 hours a week plus an extra 2 hour each day driving to and from work 5 to 6 days a week, it limits my time to do updates. Because of this I tend to try to get as many updates done on my only day off when my kids are in school and then I post a week at a time when I upload.
I know that because of my "rushing" to get updates done, not all of them are my best work. But even then it does make me feel good being on "staff pics" acknowledging the work I am doing.
sinfullysxyoneSC2
Charm

Postby Missy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:22 pm

I wish they changed more. It would be nice if you can't get it back to back days.
Missy
Charm

Postby Fluffy Bunny Gram » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:40 pm

I had wondered how the Staff picks were made...is this something that is still in effect? Or does the computer algorithm choose now? I am still trying to learn things in this forum and It seems that I learn something new each day that I visit.
Brenda :X
Peace and Love,
BBW Brenda Lee SC1
Fluffy Bunny Gram
SC Fan

Postby alaya sc3 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:24 pm

I am always very surprised and humbled when I get staff picks.. I appreciate it so much as i do work hard to post quality content.
I totally understand what you mean about some people that get it but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if that is what SC chooses then so be it.

Alaya SC3
Over 120,000 pictures and movies for you stocking, heels and full hose lovers. Only the best for you to enjoy. Over 1360 updates and 200 free movies in my members area!!!!

Proud member of the TOP 50 Charm Club!!

http://www.alayasc3.com
alaya sc3
Charm

Previous

Return to The Lobby (General SC Fan Topics)