Thank You

General SC Fan Discussions and Questions concerning the Southern Charms website.

Thank You

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:27 pm

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who's sent me messages and emails and sending their best wishes to my mom.
On April 4, my mother suffered a severe stroke. She was an active woman who was caring for my father who has dementia.
Sometime between 8 pm and 2 am the next morning, she suffered a massive left brain stroke, which was caused by a 3" long blood clot. We don't know exactly when my mom had the stroke, as my father's dementia is advanced. He could have been sleeping and woke to discover her, or he could have noticed her immediately. Either way, he did call paramedics at 2 am.

The stroke has left her paralyzed on the right side, blind in her right eye, she can't swallow, she can't eat, nor can she talk. She has also suffered other mental deficiencies which are coming to light with the passing of each day. Her life will never be normal again.

Because of this, I have been instantly thrown into the position of caretaker of my father and legal guardian of my mother. Life changing for me. Recently I was asked to sign formal DNR paperwork on my mother, which was the hardest thing in the world to do. I've been on an emotional roller coaster for the past few weeks and I'm just now getting my life routine settled into this new "normal".

My sincere and most deepest heartfelt thankyous to everyone who has written me. You guys are truly wonderful and I'm lucky to have such amazing "friends" as all of you.
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Re: Thank You

Postby loke693 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:04 pm

Hey Serena,

Thoughts and prayers are with you concerning this matter. Nothing anyone can say to help you, but I think we (or I know I will) will be there for you, to support you as best we can based upon the situation. We may not be able to give you a physical shoulder to cry on, but definitely a virtual one if needed. You can email me anytime to be a ear / eye to help you vent. I've been in a similar situation about the DNR so I can relate. Thoughts and prayers are with you!!!

Loke
loke693
SC Fan

Postby wendymeadowssc2 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:13 pm

Serena, I am so sorry! Lots of prayers and well wishes being sent your way.
wendymeadowssc2
Charm

Postby RopePhotog » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:02 am

Dearest Serena,

I am so very sorry to hear this news. As was mentioned, nothing we can say can make the situation any better but I will be sending prayers your way for your mom, yourself, and your entire family. I like to think I have a special angel up there watching over me and my friends. My little sister was a flight nurse that didn't come home one morning. I pray and talk to her each night and I will be asking her blessings for your family. Again, I am so very sorry and if you need me, you have my email address. Bless you Beautiful...

RP
RopePhotog
SC Fan

Postby martinae » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:48 pm

thoughts and prayers for you guys!
martinae
SC Fan

Postby Autumn SC1 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:36 pm

Oh Serena, so sorry to hear about this. I had someone tell me the other day, Once an adult, Twice a child. We dread the day that we have to become the adult taking care of our parents.

Sending prayers your way.
Autumn SC1
Charm

Return to The Lobby (General SC Fan Topics)