the new Lion King movie

Let's talk about something - News, Sex, The Weather, Sex, Movies, Sex? You decide. Post it here.

the new Lion King movie

Postby SexyRicki » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:00 am

Has anyone seen this yet?

I saw it over the weekend. Yes part of the many who did.

After thinking it was going to b about animals in the wild... I quickly found out it is the same movie as the original... just with real animals. But they talk and have the personalities of the animated ones.

I give it a low score for fake mouths moving on animals but a 7 on backgrounds and environment.

Sexy Ricki
Sexy [color=#BF0000]Ricki[/color]
sexyrickiSC1
SexyRicki
Charm

Re: the new Lion King movie

Postby Dear Em SC1 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:59 am

I am reading mostly poor reviews. Enjoyed the original animated version though.
Dear Em SC1
Charm

Postby bbwmelsc3 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:10 pm

I saw it too. It was the exact same as the animated one but life like animals. I was not impressed!
See more of me on
http://www.southern-charms3.com/bbwmel
Follow me on Twitter @BBWMELSC
bbwmelsc3
Charm

Postby Italian Lace SC4 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:43 pm

*** SPOILERS??? ***

I guess I'm in the minority here. I I liked it, though I did go into it knowing that it would be the same movie as the original. Still, I was thrilled at just how closely this one followed the cartoon version shot for shot in most of the scenes. I thought the few callbacks that were added and breaking of the fourth wall were clever. I was glad that nothing major was taken out, though I really did miss the "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts" scene. I still sing that all the time recalling that scene from my childhood (I couldn't tell you what the rest of the song is, I only know the part that Zazu sang! LOL). Rafiki's character was much more toned down, less crazy and whimsical, more reverent and refined, but I suppose that fits the "wise old medicine man" that he was supposed to be a little more realistically and respectfully.

I thought the voice actors were mostly cast well for the roles they had, except I wasn't as happy with Donald Glover as grown-up Simba as I thought I would be (I really love Donald Glover so I had high hopes) and overall I didn't think Beyonce added anything to the role of Nala, which is exactly what I expected (she's way overrated IMO). My favorites were Seth Rogan as Pumbaa and John Oliver as Zazu. They were spot on. I got chills hearing James Earl Jones say some of Mufasa's lines exactly the same as I remember them from my childhood. Getting him back as Mufasa was such a good idea.

I thought that the animals were done really well, similar to the remake of The Jungle Book that came out a few years ago, but even better. Computer animation is getting so good now that artists struggle with the "uncanny valley" of things looking too real but not quite right. I imagine that doing CGI with animals is probably easier to get around the uncanny valley than doing a whole CGI movie with humans (for now).

Overall I had big emotional twangs of nostalgia and had a great day at the movies... though the kids behind me seemed a little bored. Maybe this movie was more for nostalgic grown-ups than for kids? Idk... too bad for them that they didn't experience the magic of the first one in the theater like I did.
★ 3200+ Naughty Photo Sets ★ 850+ Steamy Videos ★
Italian Lace SC4
Charm

Postby sugarbabeSC3 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:03 am

I have looked at quite a few reviews and there are not may saying good things about it, I might give it a try and see what I actually think.
sugarbabeSC3
Charm

Postby sweetsexymama » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:58 pm

I have not got to see yet. May at some point.
sweetsexymama
Charm

Postby sugarbabeSC3 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:00 pm

I did get to see it and quite enjoyed it, much better than I thought.
sugarbabeSC3
Charm

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:09 pm

I guess I'm in the age of...…... no interest the first time, still no interest this time :d
It's definitely not on my bucket list :d
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Postby vanillacreamSC1 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:44 pm

Hard for me to see it in a new light since I'm so in love with the original cartoon version
vanillacreamSC1
Charm

Postby SexyRicki » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:17 pm

I have talked to many who have seen this movie.. all the same . . . it is a bust.
Sexy [color=#BF0000]Ricki[/color]
sexyrickiSC1
SexyRicki
Charm

Return to Topic Of The Day