Farewell Boomers: Things that will soon be gone!

Let's talk about something - News, Sex, The Weather, Sex, Movies, Sex? You decide. Post it here.

Farewell Boomers: Things that will soon be gone!

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:13 am

1) Landlines - OMG I still have one :d I don't know the number and it doesn't ring outloud, it's part of my "package" from Spectrum

2) Handwritten Letters - When's the last time you got one? Sent one? I used to write my Grandma all the time And she wrote me. Sadly, the only mail
I receive anymore is junk mail, bills, and ad flyers.

3) Physical Photo Albums - Ok, I still have them. As a matter of fact, I'm in the process of redoing them and organizing them by years. AND I actually
downloaded all my cell phone photos onto a flash drive and am printing out the special ones to include in the albums. My
daughter, who is in her 40's, told me she wanted my photo albums when I'm gone :-) :-)

4) Rotary Phones - Yep, I remember them. We had them. I can even remember when pushbutton phones came out! Now, I look in antique stores for odd
things and I've come across rotary phones. My little grandson didn't know how to use it :d

5) Fax Machines - Good riddance!

6) Cursive Writing - I remember in school we actually had to learn how to write in cursive. My grandchildren don't have to learn this. Instead, they are
required to have IPAD's.

7) Traditional TV Viewing - Yep, I remember having to wait til a certain date and a certain time to watch a favorite show. And the season cliffhangers
were nailbiters. Remember "Who Shot JR?" OMG I do :d

8) Polaroid Cameras - I thought it was so cool when we got one of those. The picture was developed instantly while we watched! Now everything is
on a cellphone. Although I did get one of my grandkids a polaroid camera when they were younger. They got a kick out of
watching the picture develop

9) Physical Newspapers - I used to get the "Sunday" paper each week! I loved looking through the ads and clipping the coupons! But I lost interest many
years ago. It's much quicker and more convenient to look for the news online. And coupons? Nah.......who's got time.
Besides, I think that's digital too with the store cards.

10) CLASSIC Rock Bands - OMG all of my favorites are old men now! But they still look sexy in their leather pants and long hair ;;)

I saw these online. Can anyone think of more?
SultrySerenaSC2
Charm

Re: Farewell Boomers: Things that will soon be gone!

Postby rumersc4 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:30 pm

I remember all of those and miss some!

let's add
...old school R&B
...driving stick! Like I prefer it and some of my friends don't even know how to drive a standard
Rumer
...meant to be seen, not hidden...
https://www.southern-charms4.com/rumer/photos.htm
rumersc4
Charm

Return to Topic Of The Day