How Many Updates Must a Charm Have

Make them, Reply to them. Any subject, this is for fun.

Does the number of updates a charm has on her site affect your likelihood to join?

I have no set number in mind, if she turns me on, I'll subscribe even when she's a new charm.
11%
I look at the number of updates available after a charm has caught me eye. If she only has a few updates I may watch her site and wait to join.
26%
I really pay attention to how many updates a charm has and choose from charms with the most content.
16%
If I'm trying to decide between two charm's sites to join, I will usually pick the one with more updates.
5%
I really want a charm to have at least 10 updates before I consider joining
No votes
I really want a charm to have at least 25 updates before I consider joining
5%
I really want a charm to have at least 50 updates before I consider joining
26%
I really want a charm to have at least 100 updates before I consider joining
11%
I really want a charm to have at least 200 updates before I consider joining
No votes

Total votes : 19

How Many Updates Must a Charm Have

Postby Ms Frolicker » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:38 pm

This is something a lot of new charms would obviously like to know. I know when I first started I wondered if there was a "Magic" number of updates that I would get to where I would see a significant increase in my membership. Please take a look at the answers above and pick the one closest to your thinking. If you have any comments, feel free to chime in. I have made it so you can choose two answers here, so if the number of updates a charm has does play a roll in your decision, please pick the number answer that is closest to your minimum.
Ms Frolicker
Charm

Re: How Many Updates Must a Charm Have

Postby DDDVIOAUS » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:33 pm

I was just commenting on something like this a few moments ago. Worse thing a fan can do is join a site and the Charm never or seldom updates. There are current 74 Charms on the All Charms list that have updated 10 times or less, and only a few are newbie. I can think of dozens more who came in set the site on fire and left like a shooting star. So I have a rule of must have at least 50 updates. I mentioned my comment. That once or twice a year, there could be a chance to get membership to 5 of these Charms say for 9.99, maybe 12.99.
DDDVIOAUS
SC Fan

Postby Ms Frolicker » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:45 pm

DDDVIOAUS wrote:I was just commenting on something like this a few moments ago. Worse thing a fan can do is join a site and the Charm never or seldom updates. There are current 74 Charms on the All Charms list that have updated 10 times or less, and only a few are newbie. I can think of dozens more who came in set the site on fire and left like a shooting star. So I have a rule of must have at least 50 updates. I mentioned my comment. That once or twice a year, there could be a chance to get membership to 5 of these Charms say for 9.99, maybe 12.99.

You have an interesting take on things DDD. I don't think you'll ever see a bundle sale, I'm sure it would take buy-in from the all the charms and the accounting would be a nightmare for SC to keep track of. I've only been on here about 4 years now, but I can tell you that you only get out of this site what you put into it and it's not easy work, especially if you want to present good content. I'd estimate that my husband and I work about 12 hours a week between shooting and editing. That's on top of regular jobs and normal, non-naked life. If we didn't have some fun friends that enjoyed helping us, we'd probably update a lot less.

As for not updating regularly, A few professional models do Southern-Charms in addition to other sites. Updating frequently may not be a viable option, especially if they don't have a regular photographer. I also think some women expect to make more money starting out, get disenchanted in the first month or two, and quit early. It's a shame, because it takes a while to build a following.

My suggestion to you would be pick out a couple of charms that tickle your fancy and reach out to them with some words of encouragement. Help them with ideas. Offer to tip them if they do a a theme that you'd like to see. When SC has a holiday sale, splurge on the charm you'd most like to see get to 50 updates. The sad truth is that if everyone waits for a charm to get to 50 updates, she'll quit before she gets there. New charms need patrons :YMHUG:
Ms Frolicker
Charm

Postby vanillacreamSC1 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:44 pm

How about a weekly or monthly amount? What about videos?
vanillacreamSC1
Charm

Return to Polls