What an Irish Mother can teach you

Post your favorite Jokes here.

What an Irish Mother can teach you

Postby DDDVIOAUS » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:04 am

RELIGION ...... " You better pray that stain comes out of my new carpet young man !!!!!"

TIME TRAVEL ...... " If you don't stop that, I will belt you into next week !!!!"

PROOF ...... " Because I fecking said so, there's your proof enough !!!!"

LOGIC ...... "If you fall out of that tree and break your neck, you are not going to the store with me !!!!"

IRONY ...... "Go keep up your crying and I'll give you something to cry about !!!!"

CONTORTIONISM ...... " Keep it up and I will put that smile on the other side of your face !!!!"

APPRECIATION ...... " If you kids want to kill each other go outside and do it....I just finished cleaning the floors !!!!"

REASON ...... " Because I said so, that is more than reason enough !!!!"
DDDVIOAUS
SC Fan

Re: What an Irish Mother can teach you

Postby lulu » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:28 pm

LMAO! ...so many things make sense now :P
lulu
Charm

Postby DDDVIOAUS » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:22 pm

lulu wrote:LMAO! ...so many things make sense now :P

Yes indeed, Our Irish mommas were always quick to educate us, even if they did not know they were doing it. Asked my momma if she knew what Oscar Wilde would have been if he was straight and female. She had me tell her, and I said you momma you. I think that can be said of most Irish mommas.

An Irish momma will tell it like it is. Mom raised us alone and did an awesome job. One Christmas I begged and pleaded for a gift, that was far to costly. Christmas Eve arrived, and it was not the one gift, we got to open. Nor was it amongst the gifts that Christmas morning. By noon I was walking around with the longest of faces through dinner and early evening. The relatives had gathered and I wanted to excuse myself away from the merriment and momma agreed if I was to be sullen and dull, I should go be alone. I told her, I was neither I was just disappointed. I went to my room, and there was a gift, and yes it was the extravagant purchase I had begged for. Momma was then at my door, and said, did you think I was going to ignore your request? I hugged and kisses her as she explained, she did not want me to have it when some my more destructive cousins were visiting ( the kind that will destroy someone just for spite). She told me plain, this is your big gift, next year it is your sister's turn so don't expect too much. We had a great Irish son and momma moment.....

BUT..... as she got to my door, and without a backwards glance, she uttered this.... Disappointment? When you have your own brood, then you'll know true disappointment. Even though she did not really mean it, it cut like a knife, and still does today. My Irish Momma....God Bless Her....
DDDVIOAUS
SC Fan

Postby tantalizingjoySC3 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:05 am

I heard this so many times as a child
tantalizingjoySC3
Charm

Postby tantalizingjoySC3 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:38 am

Reliving my childhood all over again
tantalizingjoySC3
Charm