Playful Cougar SC4

Wanna know more about your favorite charms? Check it out! Blog type posts from charms

Playful Cougar SC4

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:53 pm

Well, never done a blog before so...why not give it a try, I usually have lots of thoughts running through my head, lol.

So welcome everyone!

I may not post everyday but I will try to pop in as often as possible.
Playful Cougar SC4
Charm

Re: Playful Cougar SC4

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:05 pm

Saturday, August 5, 2023

I have a bunch of hobbies and I'll probably reveal many of them over time. For example, I like to set up at my local farmer's market, which is where I spent this hot day, lol. It is always fun to wonder what someone may be thinking when they (usually, a guy) are staring at you and you can see that they are trying to come up with something to continue talking about instead of moving on to the next vendor. I had one of those gentlemen two weeks ago (acting like a love struck teenager, even East Coast Stallion noticed his giddy behavior).

However, as much as I enjoy it, I was sure glad to pack up today and get home to the a/c. I am hoping this heat breaks sometime soon.
Playful Cougar SC4
Charm

Postby mrsleatherSC3 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:59 am

Great to see you doing this Cougar! Now Iam wondering what is it that you sell at the farmers market? I havent been 'spotted' as a charm in public....yet! I am not sure how I would respond lol x
Enjoy Some Leather Love

mrsleatherSC3
Charm

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:42 pm

mrsleatherSC3 wrote:Great to see you doing this Cougar! Now Iam wondering what is it that you sell at the farmers market? I havent been 'spotted' as a charm in public....yet! I am not sure how I would respond lol x

Thank you Mrs Leather! Lol, I 'm sure I could come up with something all the gentlemen would like but that's a thought for fantasy :d But as to what I have available is usually a variety of baked goods (sweet and savory types) that can change week to week, as well as a variety of homemade canned goods - jellies, jams, mustards, bbq sauces, and much more. I also make hand made jewelry, wax tarts, soaps, and much, much more. Basically a Jill of all crafts but master of none so to speak, lol. I haven't run across another charm in public either unless it was a planned outing with one that I had gotten together with because we were already friends.
Playful Cougar SC4
Charm

Postby Betty_BnV CHARM » Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:46 pm

I can't even imagine doing a farmers market in the heat that you have had in Texas!
    Betty BnV

https://www.southern-charms.com/bettybnv/photos.htm
    Betty_BnV CHARM
    Charm

Location: USA ~ Eastern Outer Appalachia between NC & Va, and sometimes OBX

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:24 pm

Betty_BnV CHARM wrote:I can't even imagine doing a farmers market in the heat that you have had in Texas!

Yeah, not always pleasant but I need to keep my customer's happy so they continue to patronize my "business" on a regular basis. I'll be so glad when this heat wave breaks though!
    Playful Cougar SC4
    Charm

Postby loke693 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:26 am

Absolutely enjoying your blog. Keep it cumming!

Loke
    loke693
    SC Fan

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:21 pm

loke693 wrote:Absolutely enjoying your blog. Keep it cumming!

Loke

Awe, thank you! :YMHUG:
    Playful Cougar SC4
    Charm

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:26 pm

Monday, August 14, 2023

I've done a little canning over the last few days - Red Plum Jam and Spiced Nectarine Butter. I've also cut up (and froze in 4lb batches) around 24lbs of pear for different canning recipes but mostly for Salted Caramel Pear Butter. As to anything else, I have shot a few photos sets and two videos which will be released soon. If all goes according to plans, Ill be shooting a couple photo sets and a few more videos tomorrow.

Getting ready to head to bed, been a long day. Have a good night all!
    Last edited by Playful Cougar SC4 on Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Playful Cougar SC4
    Charm

Postby SultrySerenaSC2 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:54 am

That's definitely alot of canning! I've never had the desire to do that. My sis is a canning freak for sure! She cans everything! This year she even canned CHEESECAKE!!! No kidding!! Of course she's getting into doomsday prepping stuff, so........

Kudos to you Cougar for doing all that! And I have to say the Salted Caramel Pear Butter sounds yummy!!
    SultrySerenaSC2
    Charm

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:00 pm

SultrySerenaSC2 wrote:That's definitely alot of canning! I've never had the desire to do that. My sis is a canning freak for sure! She cans everything! This year she even canned CHEESECAKE!!! No kidding!! Of course she's getting into doomsday prepping stuff, so........

Kudos to you Cougar for doing all that! And I have to say the Salted Caramel Pear Butter sounds yummy!!

Lol, thank you! :YMHUG: I normally carry around 20 +/- different canned goods plus limited edition items. Salted Caramel is one of those limited editions as well as the Red Plum Jam and Spiced Nectarine Butter. I made a Nectarine Brown Sugar Jam yesterday that is also a limited edition flavor. I need to pickup some tequila for my margarita jams that I make (I have 5 current flavors - Strawberry Margarita, Peach Margarita, Cherry Margarita, Blueberry Margarita, and Mango Margarita), I'm out of 3 flavors at the moment... I'm out of a few other regular stock items also that I need to get made.
    Debating on what to make today, going to can again instead of shooting (due to a schedule issue this morning), I'll do my shooting tomorrow (just swapping today and tomorrow's agendas).
    Playful Cougar SC4
    Charm

Postby loke693 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:21 pm

Playful Cougar SC4 wrote:
    loke693 wrote:Absolutely enjoying your blog. Keep it cumming!

Loke

Awe, thank you! :YMHUG:

No thank you for doing it. Good stuff!

Loke
    loke693
    SC Fan

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:49 pm

Saturday, August 19, 2023

The first part of the weekend is usually busy for me so, trying to catch back up some, plus this week was a little busier than normal.

Friday, I spent in the kitchen baking (as usual) for the farmers market I frequent on Saturdays. Yesterday's baked goods included zucchini bread, peanut butter cookies, white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, fig cake, and pepperoni cheddar cheese bread (usually mozzarella but I was out, lol, still good though). My baked goods are always baked fresh the day before and can change week to week, so that is what I fixed this week.

And spent today at the market... Was glad when closing time came though, just to hot out there...
    Last edited by Playful Cougar SC4 on Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Playful Cougar SC4
    Charm

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:07 pm

Oh, and Thursday, I spent some time taking a few photo sets and made two new videos that will be out before the end of the month. One of them I'm hesitant to release though because it went way out of my comfort zone... I mean we all have our preferences but I don't normally try to "hurt" others feelings if someone isn't my "cup of tea"; however, I know there are those out there that like that/get off on it, so I tried to be a little more vocal about my wants/unwillingness to entertain those that do not meat my "standards," so to speak. I'm more of a brat, way more of a brat than someone who would normally try to humiliate others. Feel free to give me your thoughts on it.
    Playful Cougar SC4
    Charm

Postby loke693 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:56 pm

Sounds like you keep yourself busy and have a lot of fresh content and stuff for your customers! You know how to appeal to your customer base, at the market and on SC!

Loke
    loke693
    SC Fan

Postby rumersc4 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:55 pm

I understand the hesitancy about going out of your comfort zone. I know exactly what you are talking about and I just can't do it. I'm too nice LOL but kudo to you for trying to appeal to a larger group of fans
    Rumer
    ...meant to be seen, not hidden...
    https://www.southern-charms4.com/rumer/photos.htm
    rumersc4
    Charm

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:50 pm

loke693 wrote:Sounds like you keep yourself busy and have a lot of fresh content and stuff for your customers! You know how to appeal to your customer base, at the market and on SC!

Loke

Yes, I stay far busier than I like part the time, afraid of crashing and burning one of these times, but I have to do what I need to do... But thank you, I try my best even if it's not always enough. ;)
    Playful Cougar SC4
    Charm

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:55 pm

rumersc4 wrote:I understand the hesitancy about going out of your comfort zone. I know exactly what you are talking about and I just can't do it. I'm too nice LOL but kudo to you for trying to appeal to a larger group of fans

I figured many of you would understand. I just edited it today and it isn't as bad as it felt like it was while doing it but still not my normal, everyday personality... I don't like coming off rude to anyone, unless it's warranted, so this was a big step out of my comfort zone. Hoping it goes over well.... :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
    Playful Cougar SC4
    Charm

Postby Playful Cougar SC4 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:01 pm

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

I ran some errands earlier in the day and then edited that video that I had referenced previously in my posts while grabbing a late lunch (sliced cucumber, shredded cheddar, ham, chicken, provolone, and boiled egg, basically a salad minus the lettuce). After that I cut up about 4 lbs. of plums and made plum better to can for the market on Saturday, all while preparing and grilling pork chops for dinner. I am tired and will be heading to bed very shortly, I just didn't want to neglect posting first. I-) I-) I-)
    Playful Cougar SC4
    Charm

Postby rumersc4 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:37 pm

wait wait...plum butter!??! That sounds amazing! How do you make it?
    Rumer
    ...meant to be seen, not hidden...
    https://www.southern-charms4.com/rumer/photos.htm
    rumersc4
    Charm

Next

Return to Charm Blog Posts