Doctor Who

If it doesn't feel comfortable any place else, try slipping it in here.

Doctor Who

Postby randiloveSC1 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:18 am

Ok, any fans? Who is your favorite Dr Who? David Tennant has to be my favorite Dr Who.
randiloveSC1
Charm

Re: Doctor Who

Postby jimmboy1989 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Always been partial to the 9th Doctor/Rose "Bad Wolf" story arc myself.

Then again, I only blink one eye at a time when I'm near cemeteries now so...
jimmboy1989
SC Fan

Postby DDDVIOAUS » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:03 pm

My first exposure to Doctor Who was with Jon Pertwee in the starring role. By far I think the best and I am not sure why, if for no other reason than I am biased. I was a teen and totally smitten with Jo Grant, the Doctor's companion at that time played by Katy Manning. I love David Tennant and his acting. Loved Broadchurch and all his work. Some trivia, he is the voice of Scrooge McDuck in Ducktales, on the Disney Channel. He is also a doppelganger for my PCP, and when I told him, he got hooked on Doctor Who. I have a subscription to BritBox for great English telly, and the entire Doctor collection is on there I believe except for the newest version. I have not seen the female Doctor episodes yet , but am looking forward to it.
DDDVIOAUS
SC Fan

Postby Anna Moore » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:26 pm

My Hubby is English and has tried to get me hooked on Dr Who, his fave is John Pertwee, though David Tenant and those story lines are much better.
FYI.... John Pertwees son plays the Butler in Gotham.

Anna Moore
Goddess Anna Moore
Twitter @AnnaMooreSC
Anna Moore
SC Fan

Postby DDDVIOAUS » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:21 am

I have never seen Gotham, so I did not know and the younger Pertwee. I do remember him as the answer to a trivia question from "The Tudors". The younger Pertwee plays Henry's uncle the Ambassador to Urbino and is murdered by the French in the very first scene. So Sean Pertwee plays the first character to die in the Tudors.
DDDVIOAUS
SC Fan

Postby randiloveSC1 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:24 am

I like the newer Doctor Who series. The one from the 60s doesn't' do it for me for some reason, lol.
randiloveSC1
Charm

Postby martinae » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:01 am

Definately a whovian here... so is it bigger on the inside or smaller on the outside.

And I have to say that my favorite doctor is Christopher Eccelstine... how ever you spell it. He was short and was more able to rebrand it how he wanted to as he was the first of the "reboot"... although Jodie Whittacer (again spelling?) is growing on me.

So who is everyone's favorite comapnion (and no none of the K-9's count)!
martinae
SC Fan

Postby randiloveSC1 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:54 am

I like River Song but she's not on much.
Also like Clara Oswald.

Hubby likes Amy Pond but I think he's just a perv...
randiloveSC1
Charm

Postby VixenSC2 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:04 pm

Massive Dr who fan here, love old who and new who, Tennant is the best, smith was very good at the old man in a young mans body but not as good as Tennant, Capaldi could have been great too but let down by bad stories, couldn't make it to the end of the new doctor, I dont blame her it seams she never was able to get her own character just cheep rips offs of the previous Tennant and smith, as for Plot, Who is up and down over the years with forgettable episodes but you have to try really hard to write Dr who so badly. Even worse the makers hate the fans of the show so given up on it now, its a shame, same happened with Discovery.

However I am in the UK and have to pay for the honour of been called an '--ist' and '--phobe' if I point out any problems with the product. Dr. who has always been a reflection of society of the time it was made, the show today has to be cancelled or the writers sacked, and so Modern Dr.Who does perfectly reflect the state of the UK right now.

Anyway, I have probably said too much, have to keep an eye out for the happiness patrol.
VixenSC2
Charm

Postby randiloveSC1 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:57 am

I agree. We love Doctor Who but can't even watch it now it's so bad. We just had a discussing about it's going to get cancelled soon at this rate.
randiloveSC1
Charm

Postby DDDVIOAUS » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:27 pm

Still haven't seen the newest version of Doctor Who with the female Doctor. Hopefully soon. I mentioned that I thought Pertwee Doctor was my favorite. I believe it is more camp than the others and that may be why. David Tennent is my favorite actor as a Doctor, in any role really. Coolest thing about Tennent .. he married Georgia Moffett, who is the daughter of Peter Davison aka the 5th Doctor. My most favorite villain has to be Michelle Gomez, as Missy. I have had a crush on her since seeing her in an episode of Taggert, she is also the reason I bought the entire series of Green Wing....Just something about her as Sue White.
DDDVIOAUS
SC Fan

Postby gman36 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:34 pm

Been a fan since I was a toddler in the 1970s. Tom Baker was always MY Doctor, although every Doctor has a unique selling point for me. I'm currently watching the First Doctor's final story as I type this. Of the newer series, Tennant still stands out as the best, although I loved Smith, Capaldi and Eccleston too. I really liked the most recent season, with Jodie Whittaker. I'll admit I wasn't sure if the show would work with a female lead, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it. The chemistry with the Doctor and her companions is fantastic.
gman36
SC Fan

Postby sugarbabeSC3 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:50 pm

It has to be David Tennant for me, one of my favourities.
sugarbabeSC3
Charm

Postby Redhotriannon » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:27 pm

I've never been able to get into it.
http://www.southern-charms4.com/redhotriannon/main.htm
Twitter: RedHotRiannon
Email:Redhotriannon@yahoo.com
Redhotriannon
SC Fan

Return to Off Topic