Greenland here we come-Covid be damned

If it doesn't feel comfortable any place else, try slipping it in here.

Greenland here we come-Covid be damned

Postby DDDVIOAUS » Sat May 29, 2021 9:40 am

Been over a year in the works, but the kids will finally get to spend some time with their Mom up in Greenland. She is part of the climate program(s) being conducted up there as part of the Artic Research Operations. I dated her Mom decades ago, and we have been always been close. So we asked me to become guardian and de facto grand dad to her two girls. (Their grandmother is about as reliable as the flusher on a pay toilet). So I accepted...

We had planned for a summer trip in 2020, but Covid had other ideas. So now we are all set and look forward to part of the summer in Greenland.
We are vaccinated, have our 48 hour negative tests, and will head to NYC today for tomorrow's early evening flight to Copenhagen Denmark. There even with our shots and negative tests we will need a rapid test after arriving at the airport. Then we can fly to Greenland after another test. We were not allowed to direct fly to Greenland at this point as US citizens due to Danish rules and travel bans. We had to apply for and be granted a "worthy purpose" travel exception , and we were. So things are all set and the girls are so excited. We will drive to NYC today, and I will show them some sites, stay over then head to Newark for Sunday's afternoon direct flight to Copenhagen on Sandy Air "Scandinavian" Should hit the tarmac around 730 on Monday. Up to a 3 day "quark" we should arrive in Greenland sometime midweek.

I realized the other day, I have not missed an update for almost 6 years well since I dissected my aorta back in 2015. So I will miss the updates, and the forum. Good Luck to those Charms who enter the contests, and may you all enjoy health, love and joy in equal measures until I can grace the Forum pages again.....
DDDVIOAUS
SC Fan

Re: Greenland here we come-Covid be damned

Postby martinae » Sat May 29, 2021 12:27 pm

DDDVIOAUS-

Safe travels, that sounds like an awesome trip! I hope you have a great time, and your kids enjoy. Greenland isn't a popular tourist spot but it looks like it's an incredible place to go visit!

I hope this is the return to normal for people starting to travel again.
martinae
SC Fan

Postby Italian Lace SC4 » Sat May 29, 2021 7:06 pm

That's awesome news! I hope you and your little ladies have a great trip! Just think of all the catching up you get to do when you get back ;)

XOXO,
Lace
★ 3200+ Naughty Photo Sets ★ 850+ Steamy Videos ★
Italian Lace SC4
Charm

Postby naughtykittySC1 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:59 am

:d :d :d OMG! GREAT!
Coffee, books, photography, films, sex, wine, craft beers, YES! That`s me!
naughtykittySC1
Charm

Postby Samantha Legs » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:34 am

That sounds like it will be a awesome time. Safe travels
Samantha Legs SC3
Samantha Legs
Charm

Postby roxeerobinson » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:58 pm

Congrats!
Enjoy and have a great trip :)