Time Team

If it doesn't feel comfortable any place else, try slipping it in here.

Time Team

Postby randiloveSC1 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:37 am

Did anyone watch the old episodes?
There is a new Time Team that you can see on YouTube. Has anyone seen that one?

We like the old show and the new one as well. I hope they continue the new Time Team. :)
randiloveSC1
Charm

Re: Time Team

Postby DDDVIOAUS » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:16 am

Huge Time Team fan here. Love the old series, up until the format change that caused Mick Aston to leave the series. Have seen most of the older series, and like finding episodes from the first four years. which seem harder to find. The show was originally show on the British Channel 4 and was funded by the channel. The revival is funded by other 9,000 Patreon members, rather than a broadcast channel. It is easy to miss Tony and Phil, but Still love seeing an older Stewart and even John Gater. I rank the older series as one of my top three I would take to a deserted island if I could. Even have some of the merch. from the older series which I love. A shirt from the recent series the Band of Brothers dig not so much as it was made of lesser quality material.

There is another British history program called Mark Felton Productions, that deals with a lot of World War II history. Like Time Team, it ticks the curiosity levels higher, so you always want to learn more. Of course when I want something to just entertain me, I look for episodes of another British gent, who will eat anything edible. It's called Beard Meets Food and chronicles the competitive eating feats of a bearded man from the UK. The best episodes are with his wife to be honest.
DDDVIOAUS
SC Fan

Postby randiloveSC1 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:28 am

Yeah, it was sad what happened to Mick and the end of the show.
Helen was one of my favorite guests and I'm glad to see her on the new show. I hope Patreon continues to fund the show for many years.
I always laugh whenever anything Roman is found on the show. It's like crack to them, lol
randiloveSC1
Charm

Postby DDDVIOAUS » Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:43 am

The Brits love their archeology so a good bet that the show will continue for years to come. I joined the show's Patreon supporters to ensure that it would, plus selfishly the discount on merch. was too good to pass up. I adore Helen Geake, she replaced Carenza Lewis as one of the presenters when she left to pursue other things. Helen actually joined the show as a digger in 1998 and worked her way up, to the occasional presenter, and then to full time. While I enjoyed Carenza, Helen brought something to the show that had been missing, in my opinion.

I always loved the fascination with anything Roman as well. Well except for Mick, who was not all that keen on that period and certainly not all the fuss. Mick never got the credit for being co-creator of the show. He picked out most of the sites for their digs, and chose the "experts" the show would use for each episode. He actually hosted a short lived show a few years prior to time team entitled Time Signs. it was just four episodes and focused on just the Devon Valley of England, rather than the whole UK. Phil Harding was also on the show, and did reconstruction archeology segments. They used that in Time Team as well. it's where they make or construct something from the time they are digging and test to see if it works.

It's my go to show....
DDDVIOAUS
SC Fan

Postby VixenSC2 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:31 pm

randiloveSC1 wrote:Yeah, it was sad what happened to Mick and the end of the show.
Helen was one of my favorite guests and I'm glad to see her on the new show. I hope Patreon continues to fund the show for many years.
I always laugh whenever anything Roman is found on the show. It's like crack to them, lol

Romans, littering the place
VixenSC2
Charm

Return to Off Topic