Countdown to fun! 28 days

If it doesn't feel comfortable any place else, try slipping it in here.

Countdown to fun! 28 days

Postby Autumn SC1 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:33 pm

In 28 days my oldest daughter and I are going on a cruise out of Galveston. it will the first time for both of us. We are super excited. We leave on a Thursday, hit Cozumel on Saturday and get back to Galveston on Monday.

Have any of you ever been on a cruise? Give me some tips! :)
Autumn SC1
Charm

Re: Countdown to fun! 28 days

Postby CurvySharonSC1 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:50 pm

Lucky girls! I love cruising, I've been on several though it's been years since my last one. Also, I've never been on a "freestyle dining" cruise ship which I think I'd prefer since I don't like being forced to eat at a certain time. Will you have that on your cruise?

The only advice I can give is you might want to research your ports of call in advance and skip the expensive (and often mediocre) shore excursions and hire a taxi to take you where you want to go. We had the best time in Mazatlan and in Bermuda when we did that. Though I guess maybe if it's just the two of you you'd feel safer on an organized excursion - ?

Also, be prepared to be bombarded by the cruise line trying to sell you something on board, happens constantly. Same thing on their shore excursions, they always take you to shopping places that have a contract with the cruise line at some point on the excursion. And be prepared to EAT like you've probably never eaten before! lol

Have a wonderful time! I'll try to think of some more to share. :)
Come join all the "curvylicious" fun at http://www.southern-charms.com/curvysharon!!!
CurvySharonSC1
Charm

Postby Autumn SC1 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:37 am

thanks for the info. We haven't booked an excursion yet. My daughter, who by the way, lives in Oklahoma, is afraid of sharks... none of us can figure that one out :) anyway, so snorkling is out :). they do have one where you can just sit by the water and be fed and served drinks by what I'm hoping will be sexy young cabana boys :D . I've signed up for a forum that I've got lots of information from so not sure which way I want to go at this point.

I even found an excursion that is called Island Bar Hopping. That sounds like megga fun to me. :twisted:
Autumn SC1
Charm

Postby Throbber » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:22 pm

Autumn SC1 wrote:thanks for the info. We haven't booked an excursion yet. My daughter, who by the way, lives in Oklahoma, is afraid of sharks... none of us can figure that one out :) anyway, so snorkling is out :). they do have one where you can just sit by the water and be fed and served drinks by what I'm hoping will be sexy young cabana boys :D . I've signed up for a forum that I've got lots of information from so not sure which way I want to go at this point.

I even found an excursion that is called Island Bar Hopping. That sounds like megga fun to me. :twisted:

I wanna cum be your cabana boy! Only service hot mature Texas hotties!
Throbber
SC Fan

Postby CurvySharonSC1 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:00 pm

Autumn SC1 wrote:thanks for the info. We haven't booked an excursion yet. My daughter, who by the way, lives in Oklahoma, is afraid of sharks... none of us can figure that one out :) anyway, so snorkling is out :). they do have one where you can just sit by the water and be fed and served drinks by what I'm hoping will be sexy young cabana boys :D . I've signed up for a forum that I've got lots of information from so not sure which way I want to go at this point.

Oh yeah, that bar hopping excursion does sound like fun! And so does the one with cabana boys...especially if they're young. ;)
Come join all the "curvylicious" fun at http://www.southern-charms.com/curvysharon!!!
CurvySharonSC1
Charm

Postby Autumn SC1 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:30 am

11 days till I sail
Autumn SC1
Charm

Postby Eva SC2 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:21 am

I've never been on a cruise before. With all of the cruise stories on the news lately, I'd be a little nervous. I hope you two have fun!
Eva SC2
Charm

Postby CurvySharonSC1 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:11 pm

So how was your cruise??? We want details! :)
CurvySharonSC1
Charm

Postby VixenSC2 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:30 pm

dont worry about sharks they arnt as bad as the films make out, never been bothered by one and seel alot of them, just dont stroke them from tail to nose you will graze your hand, thats not the worse though it the big needle they stick in your ass afterwards and you cant sit on your right cheek for 2 days. Other than that you totally have to go diving! :P
VixenSC2
Charm

After the Cruise

Postby Autumn SC1 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:58 pm

We had a good time. My daughter wore me out! Stayed up till 3 in the morning got a few hours of sleep and then up and at it again.... Drinking, partying and stuff that has to stay on the boat :)
Attachments
DSC00903 (640x480).jpg
DSC00875 (640x480).jpg
Day 3, I was tired should gone and taken a nap
DSC00846 (640x480).jpg
DSC00840 (640x480).jpg
DSC00932 (640x480).jpg
recognize this charm! It's Lil Squirt
DSC00857 (640x480).jpg
it was so windy I had to hold onto my hat!
cruise 20-12 110 (640x480).jpg
the water is so blue
DSC00853 (640x480).jpg
DSC00830 (640x480).jpg
waiting for our room to get ready
DSC00808 (640x480).jpg
Getting ready for our trip to Galveston
Autumn SC1
Charm

Postby Autumn SC1 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:59 pm

another pic